Can Latrell Williams contribute this year?

Fingers

Barton Simmons said Latrell Williams might be one of the most important members and steals of the class.

Just curious what some of you think about this kid. For the star gazers, he was only a three star.

Opinions on whether he's someone that can get on the field this year and help right away?

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRCSeoG2rUI[/youtube]

I personally can't figure out why he isn't rated much higher than he is. Of course the coaches and scouting agencies have more film than we do, but I suspect that because he didn't do much his junior year, the scouting agencies never picked up on him until the end of his senior year and by then it was hard to try and figure out exactly where he fit in the rankings as a whole. I wouldn't be surprised if he was a household name in TN by the time he leaves here.

Reactions: 1 person
Barton Simmons said Latrell Williams might be one of the most important members and steals of the class.

Just curious what some of you think about this kid. For the star gazers, he was only a three star.

Opinions on whether he's someone that can get on the field this year and help right away?

Our #1 need on O was a received who can burn deep and get open.

He can certainly burn all over the field, let's hope he can get open!

Reactions: 4 people
Looks like he will fit right in with our offense. If he gets to stay on the field for more than two plays at a time he will make plays.

Reactions: 2 people
I think he'll be valuable in the slot, where we are thin on depth. If he learns the offense, then he should contribute this year. Can't teach speed. He's definitely a steal!

I'm no expert, but that does not look like any 3-star recruit highlight vid I've ever seen. I see a stud athlete who has great instincts for finding a line through the defense, can make people miss, can get open and adjust to the ball in the air as a receiver and who has blazing fast speed.

With all of those qualities, it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone if he sees the field as a true freshman.

Reactions: 4 people
I'm no expert, but that does not look like any 3-star recruit highlight vid I've ever seen. I see a stud athlete who has great instincts for finding a line through the defense, can make people miss, can get open and adjust to the ball in the air as a receiver and who has blazing fast speed.

With all of those qualities, it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone if he sees the field as a true freshman.

He was a two star on Rivals..Hubbs said he didn't perform well at their camp and they didn't evaluate him again

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah he will contribute this year. Early playing time depends a lot on availability at any certain position. We don't have a guy like him at that slot position.

Kamara is the best option but he's a rb. We need that speedy shifty reliable threat in the slot.

Depends upon how long it takes Latrell Williams to get Azzanni's famous receiver stance down, don't you think?

Reactions: 7 people

Speed has no slump. Reminds of DeAnthony Thomas of Oregon. Perfect fit for spread.

VN Store

Back