Mosley's DUI, speeding charges dismissed

kamoshika

Driving under the influence and speeding charges against Tennessee redshirt sophomore offensive lineman Charles Mosley stemming from a July 2015 incident were dismissed after a preliminary hearing at Knox County General Sessions Court on Thursday.

Mosley's attorney Steve Oberman said the case was dismissed because the state failed to establish probable cause to arrest Mosley.

"The arresting officer believed he had sufficient grounds to arrest Mr. Mosley," Oberman told the News Sentinel. "The proof presented today in court was insufficient to send the case to the grand jury. ... Mr. Mosley and I are thrilled to have the case concluded in such a favorable fashion."

DUI, speeding charges against Charles Mosley dismissed

Reactions: 3 people
Hopefully this kid has learned a valuable lesson moving forward and returns to full team activities soon...we need all the O-line help we can get.

No B/A test ? Good thing citizens can't be arrested on suspicion alone.
Your supreme mastery in the nuances and subtle usages of blue font are unmatched sir. Spectacular!!!!

I mean blue font is OBVIOUSLY intended here... right? Please let it be so.

Last edited:
I guess "marijuana residue" isn't a smoking gun. Who'da thunk it.

Did you see the marijuana residue? And did you see a lab test that confirmed it was marijuana residue? Or are you taking the nice police officers word that there was marijuana residue?

Reactions: 1 person
Did you see the marijuana residue? And did you see a lab test that confirmed it was marijuana residue? Or are you taking the nice police officers word that there was marijuana residue?

Me? I'm questioning what marijuana residue even means. Either there's marijuana or paraphernalia or there isn't. What the hell is "residue"? Dust? It was a ridiculous assertion by the police officer. I guess I should have used blue font (I thought my sarcasm was obvious).

Reactions: 2 people
Me? I'm questioning what marijuana residue even means. Either there's marijuana or paraphernalia or there isn't. What the hell is "residue"? Dust? It was a ridiculous assertion by the police officer. I guess I should have used blue font (I thought my sarcasm was obvious).

lol - it never is obvious to him

They arrested a mother here where I live in Georgia because they found red residue on s spoon. Charged her with making meth. She tried to tell them what it was, but they wouldn't have it. After about a month in jail, the lab results came back and she was sure enough right. It was spaghetti sauce where she had let her kid eat spaghetti in the car. Your post just reminded me of it. She's about to get a payday.

Reactions: 7 people
Your supreme mastery in the nuances and subtle usages of blue font are unmatched sir. Spectacular!!!!

I mean blue font is OBVIOUSLY intended here... right? Please let it be so.

WTH ! You're barking up the wrong tree man, you must be under the influence. :dunno:

Reactions: 1 person

Residue is a resin that builds inside utensils used to smoke marijuana or hashish. It has tar like properties and contains THC and other cannabinoids that can be identified in the lab. It can be used in prosecutions and as evidence against parole and probation violators.

I know this because I'm an internet forum know-it-all-arse-hole.

Eh I know a few friends who have been in situations where cops smell weed, can't find anything, grab any green spec of grass or whatever they can find on the floorboard, and book them for possession. If you can't afford an attorney to fight it, then they can get away with crap like that no problem if they've got a mind to

They arrested a mother here where I live in Georgia because they found red residue on s spoon. Charged her with making meth. She tried to tell them what it was, but they wouldn't have it. After about a month in jail, the lab results came back and she was sure enough right. It was spaghetti sauce where she had let her kid eat spaghetti in the car. Your post just reminded me of it. She's about to get a payday.
There's absolutely no way this is true. You can field test for Meth right there on the scene.

If y'all get popped for DUI in Knoxville, Oberman is the man

He literally wrote the book (or a book) on DUI defense. He spoke to a group of criminal lawyers up here in Louisville not too long ago. I do civil stuff, so I don't deal in the criminal side of things very often, but I do know his name because of that

VN Store

Back