Jamal Lewis announced the Baltimore Ravens' draft pick today

One of my favorite VFL RBs! His freshman year was AMAZING

He wasn't ever quite the same after his ACL injury. If he hadn't gotten injured he could've potentially been one of the all-time best SEC backs IMO

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Give Jamal the ball!

Heh...that was one time when the fans definitely seemed to be smarter than the coaches.

Reactions: 2 people
His game against GA his freshman year is one of the best performances by a running back that I have ever seen. It was a man against boys that day!

Would people choose Lewis or Hurd ?

I think Hurd is a great runner and could finish as our all time leader. That said, had Lewis played 4 years nobody on this earth would have a chance of catching the numbers he would have put up. The first time he touched the ball it was obvious he could have just skipped college and gone to the NFL if it was legal.

The caveat to that is that during his years our offensive line was consistently of NFL caliber; they blew open some mighty big holes that Hurd has rarely had the luxury of seeing, so he's gotten his yards in much tougher circumstances.

I think Hurd is a great runner and could finish as our all time leader. That said, had Lewis played 4 years nobody on this earth would have a chance of catching the numbers he would have put up. The first time he touched the ball it was obvious he could have just skipped college and gone to the NFL if it was legal.

The caveat to that is that during his years our offensive line was consistently of NFL caliber; they blew open some mighty big holes that Hurd has rarely had the luxury of seeing, so he's gotten his yards in much tougher circumstances.

He ran behind Kerberson on the left side with resultedin little or no gain

Would people choose Lewis or Hurd ?

Hurd has more heart and willingness. Jamal changed after his Soph year and injury. He played (safely) for a contract his Jr. year and was gone.

Hurd just keeps on bashing away and taunting people.

I'll take Hurd.

(although JL's freshman year is the only back in the SEC I've seen in 30 years that reminded my of Hershel W.)

One of my favorite VFL RBs! His freshman year was AMAZING

He wasn't ever quite the same after his ACL injury. If he hadn't gotten injured he could've potentially been one of the all-time best SEC backs IMO

He rushed for over 2000 yards for the Ravens in one season....

Someone mentioned the '97 UGA game above. What they didn't mention was the Dawg safety that Jamal was posterizing all day long was none other than Coach Kirby Smart. I'm guessing Kirby figured out his future was in coaching that day...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vRXFk7mvff0

Last edited:
Lol come on man, it completely invalidates your point. I could say what if about anything and no one could disprove it.

That's the wonderful thing about being human. We can see the exact same things and interpret what we see completely differently. I'm not joking when I say I believe he was never the same after his injury. He was great, yes. But before the injury he was like the child of Bo Jackson and Herschel Walker. I firmly believe he MIGHT have had a better career than either in the SEC and an even better NFL career sans the injury.

And the whole "I could say what if about anything" statement is fundamentally flawed. Saying "what if aliens came down to earth and gave Jamal an anal probe?" is clearly not the same as saying "what if Jamal had never sustained substantial damage to the part of his body most necessary to run?" when he was a running back in football.

Last edited:
He rushed for over 2000 yards for the Ravens in one season....

Jamal Lewis was the most talented RB to ever play. Jim Brown and Bo Jackson are right there with him.

Jamal:

6'0"

235 lbs

4.32 speed

500 lbs Bench

WR hands

VN Store

Back