Great article on Nigel Warrior

VolsnRavens

tennessee-db-signee-nigel-warrior-ready-for-new-journey-with-vols

What a great kid. Can't wait til he gets here. And he'll be wearing his dad's number (Dale Carter)

“I’m ready,” Warrior said Wednesday while attending Tennessee’s Big Orange Caravan stop at the College Football Hall of Fame. “I leave on May 30th. I’m ready to leave. I’m ready to just start a new journey with my new family, get a great relationship with them."

Reactions: 12 people
Great article.

“I remember one day — it was my sophomore year — I told (Jones), ‘If I’m coming to Tennessee, I have to get number 18.’ He kept that promise for me. When I committed, he told me.”

“They talked about moving me around — like, safety, corner, nickel — but I’ll start off at safety,” he said. “It really doesn’t matter to me (where I play). I just want to go to a position where I can just contribute to the team. Safety, corner, nickel — it doesn’t matter to me. I’ve been trained to play all three, so it doesn’t matter.”

I love his attitude and confidence. Looking forward to seeing him on the field this year!

Reactions: 9 people
tennessee-db-signee-nigel-warrior-ready-for-new-journey-with-vols

What a great kid. Can't wait til he gets here. And he'll be wearing his dad's number (Dale Carter)

“I’m ready,” Warrior said Wednesday while attending Tennessee’s Big Orange Caravan stop at the College Football Hall of Fame. “I leave on May 30th. I’m ready to leave. I’m ready to just start a new journey with my new family, get a great relationship with them."

I can't wait to see him in the Big Orange, gray, white, etc.

He might be spending a little more time with this college playbook than he did with the one he had in HS. I'm really looking forward to seeing Jr play at Neyland.

Reactions: 1 person
Warrior said he runs to school from his house and back every now and then. I remember another stud safety that did that and he turned out pretty good. Sean Taylor.
That'd be semi-okay if he turned out kinda like him.

He might be spending a little more time with this college playbook than he did with the one he had in HS. I'm really looking forward to seeing Jr play at Neyland.

Sounds like his playbook was basic and his instincts worked better. Yeah...that changes at this level.

Warrior said he runs to school from his house and back every now and then. I remember another stud safety that did that and he turned out pretty good. Sean Taylor.

Yeah, I guess we would allow it. Just not the end result, if you know what I'm sayin, that's bad ju-ju

Another guy that did that: some guy named Herschel ...

Great article.

“I remember one day — it was my sophomore year — I told (Jones), ‘If I’m coming to Tennessee, I have to get number 18.’ He kept that promise for me. When I committed, he told me.”

“They talked about moving me around — like, safety, corner, nickel — but I’ll start off at safety,” he said. “It really doesn’t matter to me (where I play). I just want to go to a position where I can just contribute to the team. Safety, corner, nickel — it doesn’t matter to me. I’ve been trained to play all three, so it doesn’t matter.”

I love his attitude and confidence. Looking forward to seeing him on the field this year!

I would like to see Warrior at Free Safety, just like pops!

Great article.

You know, this guy is trying REALLY hard to be my favorite Vol for the next few years.

Reactions: 3 people
Dad hit like a freight train.....a true VFL baller!!!

Dale carter is my favorite Vol ever. Number 18. When I was a kid, my grandparents had tix on the 9th row around the 15 yard line. Season tix.

Dale would toy with coverage teams on kickoffs, dance right, then left, then see a seam and explode. Even against Florida and Bama back then, no matter who we played there was no doubt who was the best and fastest athlete on the field. All American safety, led the country in kickoff return yards averaging 30 yards a return if memory serves (29.something )....he was head and shoulders above any receiver he faced
Like deion sanders he would give receivers a step to bait the qb into throwing the ball...then pick or break it up ...he was breathtaking.

Reactions: 6 people
One of the biggest plays 18 made was the INT at ND (1991) in the 4th qtr. Aaron Hayden finished the possession with the screen pass TD game winner.

He can become another Vol great.

I hope his mind is ready to really become a student of the game and get into his playbook and in the film and weight rooms at every opportunity.

We expect him to live up to his name and become a serious Warrior on our footVol team.

Earning a Championship WIN by WIN...VFL...GBO!!!

He can become another Vol great.

I hope his mind is ready to really become a student of the game and get into his playbook and in the film and weight rooms at every opportunity.

We expect him to live up to his name and become a serious Warrior on our footVol team.

Earning a Championship WIN by WIN...VFL...GBO!!!

i totally agree and think he's gonna be a good one. that last part about how he never really read the playbook or payed attention to it much and that was going to be his biggest adjustment. :eek:hmy: come on nigel, better know that playbook inside and out!

i totally agree and think he's gonna be a good one. that last part about how he never really read the playbook or payed attention to it much and that was going to be his biggest adjustment. :eek:hmy: come on nigel, better know that playbook inside and out!

Sorry I'm running late! I was watching film of Nigel making super-human, instinctive plays.
Did I miss the "playbook scolding" portion of the thread where we igonre how far beyond HS competition warrior was athletically?
Oh! We are just getting started? Proceed!

So did that guy from 'American Pie' - the one who didn't like to poop at school. I guess he turned out OK. I don't really know.

Gibbs, Warrior, Byrd, Stevens all starting in the secondary in a few years would be amazing. Don't know what other teams would do with that much athleticism back there.

Dale Carter was one of Tennessee's best DB, smart, tough .and competitive. If Nigel is half as good as dad he will be a great player for us. Glad he's all Vol. :dance:

VN Store

Back