Mel Kiper: Jalen Hurd rated the 3rd best RB prospect in the 2017 Draft

giphy.gif

Reactions: 15 people
"Definite first rounder" is a strong statement in regards to a RB.

Going in the 2nd round is a more realistic goal

Reactions: 13 people
I love Hurd but saying he should easily go ahead of Chubb is pretty foolish. He may very well surpass Chubb but it won't be easy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
"Definite first rounder" is a strong statement in regards to a RB.

Going in the 2nd round is a more realistic goal

This years RB class might be the best ever. I think 4-5 go in the first round. With Hurd definitely being among them.

Knew it was you who started this thread before I opened it.

Whatever fits your narrative, right brother? You criticize guys like Kiper and talk about how they're stupid if they don't agree with you or were wrong about a player....and now ol' Mel's a genius since he evidently sees it your way. Lol.

You're also assuming that if (a big "if") Jalen is the third RB taken, that 3 RBs will be taken in the first round, when only 5 have been taken in the first round over the last 5 years combined.

I personally don't think Jalen is the third best RB in the country and I don't think he will be a first round pick but hope to be proven wrong because it'll be great for both him and the program. All jmo of course.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people
Jalen is good and probably underappreciated a bit by people outside of the SEC, but I don't think he's a 1st rounder....he lacks the burst of Gurley, Elliott, Fournette etc. Imo..

The NFL doesn't value scrub RBs that high anymore.

But elite guys will get drafted high. See Ezekiel Elliott and Todd Gurley. Both were top 10 the last 2 years.

5 running a backs taken in the first round of the last 5 drafts COMBINED. You can keep saying it but it doesn't make it true. The NFL game has changed and RBs just aren't valued nearly as high as they used to be, it's a fact. Teams value qbs, OL, DEs abd CBs much more highly and will wait until the later rounds to draft RBs.....RBs that would've been taken much earlier 10-12 years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
I love Hurd but saying he should easily go ahead of Chubb is pretty foolish. He may very well surpass Chubb but it won't be easy.

The same chubb that tore his acl? My friend, not everyone comes back from a torn acl like Adrian Peterson. Just know that he may not be the same after you have a knee injury. Id take Hurd over Chubb because of injury factor.

Kiper high on several Vols for 2017 NFL Draft

Just behind Fournette and Chubb. And imo by the time 2017 comes Hurd should easily go ahead of Chubb.

Hurd is a definite 1st rounder.

Now where is KBVol and all the other guys saying Hurd wouldn't be one of the top 3-4 rated RBs for 2017?

If you think Kiper is so on point, where did he rank Dobbs? I didn't see mention in the article.

Reactions: 8 people
Agree. The NFL doesn't value drafting RB's that high any more.

Also the fact is what position of needs and players available. If draft pool is empty of pro prospect qbs the running backs may benefit. Or any position may benefit or suffer. The best thing is if one or two running backs come off board early and the good ones behibd them may get drafted sooner just based off what's remaining.

Jalen is good and probably underappreciated a bit by people outside of the SEC, but I don't think he's a 1st rounder....he lacks the burst of Gurley, Elliott, Fournette etc. Imo..

This guy gets it. Jalen hasn't broken off the big run yet. Or well a big run. Tee Martin has a longer career run than Hurd. Could I do what jalen does? No. He is a monster. Glad he is playing for the good guys. But he needs to open up the downfield run. Use that treadmill speed.

Knew it was you who started this thread before I opened it.

Whatever fits your narrative, right brother? You criticize guys like Kiper and talk about how they're stupid if they don't agree with you or were wrong about a player....and now ol' Mel's a genius since he evidently sees it your way. Lol.

You're also assuming that if (a big "if") Jalen is the third RB taken, that 3 RBs will be taken in the first round, when only 5 have been taken in the first round over the last 5 years combined.

I personally don't think Jalen is the third best RB in the country and I don't think he will be a first round pick but hope to be proven wrong because it'll be great for both him and the program. All jmo of course.

Proud of you for not quoting, buddy. :thumbsup:

I think hurd jumping on a treadmill running at 23 mph says he's made up that ground imo

VN Store

Back