2015 Vols

Smokey123

If you would have told me last spring Maggitt would only play 5 quarters. North would have 8 catches and be hurt most of the year. Pig would only play vs OU, Tuttle would have got hurt vs UGA. Kahlil wouldn't live up to the 5* hype his first season. Croom wouldn't play a down, Barnett would have 1 sack through the first 5 games, Gaulden wouldn't play a down. Our O-line would be rotating a lot of the year due to injuries. A walk-on would start at MLB. But that we would still go 9-4, lose by a combined 17 points and hold a lead vs bama with under 4 to go. I would have thought u were crazy for expecting us to have that record and do that well vs Bama.

I think we did pretty darn good with all those injuries imo.
Now, Let's hope we can stay healthy this season and have a great season! GBO

Last edited:
Reactions: 14 people
After losing the way they did in every game they lost last season, I don't think the upperclassmen are going to let that happen again. I think they've passed the point of being sad/angry over a loss and have moved onto sheer determination to win. It's in their eyes. You can see it. It's not a look of hope anymore-- but one of expectation.

............ at least that's what I can tell from promo images and videos. Whatever. You're right, though. Exceeded expectations last year considering the circumstances. GBO!!!:rock::rock::dance:

Reactions: 6 people
Both of you need to post more. Very well said

Agree! Those summaries put things in perspective & remind us of the grit ("resiliency") the Vols showed last season. At the season opener in Nashville, we were appalled at the secondary getting burned, but the improvements made by those guys was astounding. Hopeful for a great 2016 football season by the BIG ORANGE! :hi:

Reactions: 1 person
OP, please don't put 2015 team in the subject line.......I thought the whole team from last year got injured or arrested.

Reactions: 7 people
OP, please don't put 2015 team in the subject line.......I thought the whole team from last year got injured or arrested.

Why was that the 1st thing you thought of?

Are we that conditioned as fans to automatically have our 1st thoughts be negative?

Agree with all of that, except would edit out the reference to Kahlil (considering he didn't play SR yr).

Reactions: 2 people
If you would have told me last spring Maggitt would only play 5 quarters. North would have 8 catches and be hurt most of the year. Pig would only play vs OU, Tuttle would have got hurt vs UGA. Kahlil wouldn't live up to the 5* hype his first season. Croom wouldn't play a down, Barnett would have 1 sack through the first 5 games, Gaulden wouldn't play a down. Our O-line would be rotating a lot of the year due to injuries. A walk-on would start at MLB. But that we would still go 9-4, lose by a combined 17 points and hold a lead vs bama with under 4 to go. I would have thought u were crazy for expecting us to have that record and do that well vs Bama.

I think we did pretty darn good with all those injuries imo.
Now, Let's hope we can stay healthy this season and have a great season! GBO

And Colton Jumper started several games

... Kahlil wouldn't live up to the 5* hype his first season. ...

OP, every point you make is accurate except this one. Not one single rational person around here expect Khalil McKenzie to take over and dominate in 2015. For a couple of reasons that were obvious to anyone paying attention.

#1 This is the SEC. Freshmen rarely make huge waves from the DT position, regardless of how many stars. Look at UGA's equally ranked true FR in 2015. He played well IMO, but didn't take over any games that I saw. Like Khalil, he did great for a true FR, and will unfortunately probably be a beast in 16'.

#2 KM missed his entire Sr year of HS football and came in way over weight and out of shape. This was easy to see in July and August. As expected, he was used in spot duty because of endurance. He made plays, but when you're on the sideline sucking air, then you can't expect too much.

Just pointing this out before someone starts calling "bust". There are irrational people who hype recruits and except for a handful of cases, they are usually wrong. For a true FR SEC DT McKenzie had an excellent year IMO. Like most watching his endurance and weight, I expect a high impact season in 16'.

Reactions: 1 person
Until you list everything down like the OP, you forget the amount of things that team had to overcome to go 9-4... Now granted, there were not big wins outside of UGA, but I think we all dwell on the OU & UF games since we gave both of those away and don't look at the big picture

OP, every point you make is accurate except this one. Not one single rational person around here expect Khalil McKenzie to take over and dominate in 2015. For a couple of reasons that were obvious to anyone paying attention.

#1 This is the SEC. Freshmen rarely make huge waves from the DT position, regardless of how many stars. Look at UGA's equally ranked true FR in 2015. He played well IMO, but didn't take over any games that I saw. Like Khalil, he did great for a true FR, and will unfortunately probably be a beast in 16'.

#2 KM missed his entire Sr year of HS football and came in way over weight and out of shape. This was easy to see in July and August. As expected, he was used in spot duty because of endurance. He made plays, but when you're on the sideline sucking air, then you can't expect too much.

Just pointing this out before someone starts calling "bust". There are irrational people who hype recruits and except for a handful of cases, they are usually wrong. For a true FR SEC DT McKenzie had an excellent year IMO. Like most watching his endurance and weight, I expect a high impact season in 16'.

I do agree with all of those points and tried to tell people I knew before the season that. I just knew a lot of Vols fans who were expecting him to come in and start, also the way SDS was hyping him up, which is why I included him. I also agree, hes in for a good season this year.

Freak, we need a thumbs down button. I don't know why we have to put our players down.

Acknowledging that playing a walk on in the SEC is not an ideal situation is not a put down of the player, it's just reality.

VN Store

Back