Joe Young RB Medical Hardship

Dang. I hate that for him. Health first though. Good opportunity for him on the beginning of his resume though:

Student Assistant - University of Tennessee. 2016 CFB National Champions.

Amen.

My understanding is he will remain on scholarship as a student coach. At least that's what I thought I heard on the radio earlier.

If so....great job by CBJ and the University of Tennessee.

Reactions: 4 people
*fingers crossed that reports of the end of his football career are premature...like 15-30 years premature* Praying for your health, Joe!

Will definitely pray for him. You never know. He may be able to come back. He made me proud, since we both are from SC.

My understanding is he will remain on scholarship as a student coach. At least that's what I thought I heard on the radio earlier.

I'm pretty sure that medical hardships allow former student athletes to keep receiving all of the benefits of their scholarship AND open up a free spot for the team to use replacing them as well.

Reactions: 1 person
Makes that TD Vandy pretty huge I would say. Dang, how many on here would like to have that experience at least once.

Good luck young man.

Reactions: 2 people

Yes, this is what I heard also but from other individuals...
Good luck Joe Young, :hi:

dang hate this for the kid...

second wtf? we literally cannot catch a break. 😒

Also agree it is a class move by Jones...et al.

Unfortunately, I wish it was a standard NCAA policy maintained by all schools. Any scholly player injured while a member of the team should automatically receive X number of years to complete their degree if they are unable to continue to play.

Hell, I would even like to see scholarships grant the recipient up to 6 years to complete their degree 'no strings attached.' Fortunately, Joe will still be associated with the program but not every kid is as lucky or has a coach with integrity. If the NCAA won't allow these kids to be paid, they should at least be given the full benefit of the education opportunity.

My heart goes out for JY. Its awful seeing a kid have to drop the game in this fashion. Its awesome to see Butch and his staff take care of our players like this, even though their playing days are over. Once a Vol, always a Vol!

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back