Serrano returning for sixth year

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
DAVE HART: "Dave Serrano will head into his sixth season as the head coach of Tennessee Baseball."

Reactions: 2 people
I am very glad he is returning, but I don't get just giving him a one year extension. Tough sell to recruits. Another year in limbo.

Reactions: 6 people
Standards are obviously low for this program. He's a dead man walking on the recruiting trail and will have his least talented team of the 6 years. Thanks, Dave and Dave.

Reactions: 4 people
I'm listening to this in total disbelief...Hart should be fired on the spot. What a fraud.

Reactions: 8 people
TN baseball at its finest. Dumbest move I've seen in some time. Either cut bait or give him 3. Smh

Reactions: 3 people
So, now that we are stuck with Serrano for another year. Could someone/anyone give me a glimmer of hope or a reason that we won't suck next year?

Hall, Senzel, Jackson, Schultz, Lance, and Pruett all depart as major contributors in the every day lineup.

Cox is the only significant departure from the worst pitching staff in the conference.

It seems as though we're just putting off the inevitable for another year with the one year extension. Next year's team will be less talented than the current group. Good chance we're in the same situation a year from now.

Reactions: 2 people
In the SEC, in baseball?

No but again we are recruiting kids so far in advance that it really won't have any immediate effect. We got a huge commit last night.

Any kid that is a 17 or juco kid we are going to be competing against teams that the contract won't have much effect IMO

Reactions: 1 person
So, now that we are stuck with Serrano for another year. Could someone/anyone give me a glimmer of hope or a reason that we won't suck next year?

Hall, Senzel, Jackson, Schultz, Lance, and Pruett all depart as major contributors in the every day lineup.

Cox is the only significant departure from the worst pitching staff in the conference.

Pruett wasn't playing much but we will lose Rodgers most likely.

The best question to ask is

What will it take for next year to be a success and is the current roster capable of that?

No but again we are recruiting kids so far in advance that it really won't have any immediate effect. We got a huge commit last night.

Any kid that is a 17 or juco kid we are going to be competing against teams that the contract won't have much effect IMO

This is a disaster. No way around it. Most every person I've spoken to thinks next year's team will be worst than the team that just went 9-21 and backed its way to Hoover. That results in termination that could have occurred a year earlier to go ahead and begin a rebuild.

This is a disaster. No way around it. Most every person I've spoken to thinks next year's team will be worst than the team that just went 9-21 and backed its way to Hoover. That results in termination that could have occurred a year earlier to go ahead and begin a rebuild.

I agree with next year

wow, this is like taking a guy to the electric chair then a storm comes and knocks the power out so you have to delay it a day.

It seems as though we're just putting off the inevitable for another year with the one year extension. Next year's team will be less talented than the current group. Good chance we're in the same situation a year from now.

I agree. I really like coach Serrano, but its time for a change, and it really blows my mind that Hart didnt let him go. This 5 year stretch has been beyond horrible for our BaseVols!

I agree. I really like coach Serrano, but its time for a change, and it really blows my mind that Hart didnt let him go. This 5 year stretch has been beyond horrible for our BaseVols!

Not even close. Serrano inherited a disaster that was beyond pathetic. Raleigh made Dooley look like a hall of fame coach. I know it's different sports, but that was a disaster. That being said, Serrano hasn't put things back to where it should be. There needs to be more support from Hart and administration for the baseball program. If that doesn't happen, then the program will not be any better. The league is that tough.

On a side note. There is no better place than Hoover for that tournament. They have the best thing in college baseball and anywhere else would be like having Todd Raleigh back in the SEC. Hart said there would be other great experiences. He doesn't have a clue.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back