UGA Tops UF In SR Game 1

Anything is possible. With UF's pitching then you can never count them out. It only takes one though now Lady Bulldogs.

That was an exciting finish.....Hooiser style...

UF, with their patented getting hit with the pitch, did not work this time....

I'm in disbelief. I was on here fussing about Georgia even being seeded. Now, they're onto the WCWS. Holy cow!

I think Florida is in more disbelief than you are! The look on their player's faces after the walkoff home run was priceless.

Reactions: 2 people
I think Florida is in more disbelief than you are! The look on their player's faces after the walkoff home run was priceless.

I think you would have been hard pressed to find anybody believing Georgia could have beaten UF. Especially on their home turf & swept them in 2 games. No 3rd game even necessary. Man, that's crazy!

I think the SEC gets 3.Auburn, Bama, and UGA...I picked LSU but they lost a tough one today...Auburn isn't exactly playing their best at tourney time but I think they have enough to beat Zona..looking forward to see if UM can beat UM :)

I am no fan of UGA, but I'm happy for Chelsea Wilkinson. She pitched two awesome complete games this weekend. I think Wilkinson had a reputation for choking away big games in the late innings in the past. Remember the 3rd game of the series played at Sherri Parker Lee Stadium last year when she tripped herself in the circle which allowed CJ McClain to score the winning run from 3B on an illegal pitch? That was one bizarre accident. Tennessee was able to sweep GA much thanks to that illegal pitch.

I'm pulling for Wilkinson to continue to do well in OKC. I'd rather see an SEC team win a natty than a Pac-12/Big 10/ACC or God forbid OU or a mid-major school. Wilkinson is from North Carolina too. I have some great friends living in the Tar Heel State. I don't mind rooting for a Tar Heel. :)

Florida has some difficulty scoring runs and their pitching was great but scoring two runs in two games usually means defeat. A lot of great teams in the SEC in a given series anybody can win.

I am no fan of UGA, but I'm happy for Chelsea Wilkinson. She pitched two awesome complete games this weekend. I think Wilkinson had a reputation for choking away big games in the late innings in the past. Remember the 3rd game of the series played at Sherri Parker Lee Stadium last year when she tripped herself in the circle which allowed CJ McClain to score the winning run from 3B on an illegal pitch? That was one bizarre accident. Tennessee was able to sweep GA much thanks to that illegal pitch.

I'm pulling for Wilkinson to continue to do well in OKC. I'd rather see an SEC team win a natty than a Pac-12/Big 10/ACC or God forbid OU or a mid-major school. Wilkinson is from North Carolina too. I have some great friends living in the Tar Heel State. I don't mind rooting for a Tar Heel. :)

Hugo has played amazing for UGA as well. She made a double-play in yesterday's game that was so athletic. She made a bunch of huge plays on defense in the 2 games against UF.

I wouldn't count them out in at least making it to the WCWS finals but I don't see them winning it. Oklahoma will probably be there waiting & if so no way they can beat them in a best of 3 game series.

VN Store

Back