Tyler Byrd, #1 athlete?

voldawgforever

Am I mistaken or is Tyler the number one athlete? Is it #1 out of Florida or in the nation?

I absolutely cannot wait to see what he brings to the team. I hope he gets some snaps his freshman year. I'm sure he will. Lord have mercy let the season begin!

Reactions: 2 people
Reactions: 6 people
Apparently he will be playing some receiver this year, so we will more than likely get to see him ball out on the offensive side

Byrd is the best player we got in this last class. Better than anyone in the secondary from this class and better at WR than anyone in this last class. He is going to be really fun to watch. If we weren't set in the secondary he could start by half way through the year.

Reactions: 4 people
Apparently he will be playing some receiver this year, so we will more than likely get to see him ball out on the offensive side

I don't think playing "some" receiver is quite correct. He will be on the offensive team this year. Only a disaster in the DB ranks would warrant a move back there. Doubt he will ever play both ways part time. He may be a DB next year, but only if he does not work out as a receiver.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I don't think playing "some" receiver is quite correct. He will be on the offensive team this year. Only a disaster in the DB ranks would warrant a move back there. Doubt he will ever play both ways part time. He may be a DB next year, but only if he does not work out as a receiver.

Agreed, I believe CBJ is looking for him to become the next Percy Harvin...try to stop that..with all of the other stud we have back

I see a scenario where he "works out" fine as a receiver...even excels... But still ends up in the defensive backfield. At the present moment, he's a luxury for the defense but NEEDED for the offense...possibly the flip side of next season.

Reactions: 7 people
Byrd is the best player we got in this last class. Better than anyone in the secondary from this class and better at WR than anyone in this last class. He is going to be really fun to watch. If we weren't set in the secondary he could start by half way through the year.

Nigel warrior might have a few things or say about that! 👍👍🍻🍻✊✊

Reactions: 4 people

What a defensive backfield these two will make in the future, if Byrd ends up in the secondary! Its going to be interesting to see how this plays out in the near future.

Nigel. Warrior.

would imagine him getting a little action at slot...some space, a step, and he gone...:)

GO VOLS!

Just watched Carl Pickens with big TD stopping pic in the Cotton Bowl as a true FR. He played really well as a safety and KR on a team loaded at WR. The next season he moved over to offense and the rest is history.

Byrd is too good not to see the field. He will excel at whichever side coaches believe he gives us highest impact.

Reactions: 5 people
Just watched Carl Pickens with big TD stopping pic in the Cotton Bowl as a true FR. He played really well as a safety and KR on a team loaded at WR. The next season he moved over to offense and the rest is history.

Byrd is too good not to see the field. He will excel at whichever side coaches believe he gives us highest impact.

Pickens was a RS freshman...same as Webb.

Am I mistaken or is Tyler the number one athlete? Is it #1 out of Florida or in the nation?

I absolutely cannot wait to see what he brings to the team. I hope he gets some snaps his freshman year. I'm sure he will. Lord have mercy let the season begin!

I'm excited to see what the young man brings ! I could see him doing for us what Adoree'Jackson does for USC ! GBO

What a defensive backfield these two will make in the future, if Byrd ends up in the secondary! Its going to be interesting to see how this plays out in the near future.

Bobby Majors, David Allen, Tim Priest and Conrad Graham. I hope Byrd and Warrior exceed their accomplishments.

Nigel. Warrior.

I think Byrd can make an immediate impact on offense. Warrior will be great on defense, but don't think that will happen immediately. And not taking anything away from NW, who at some point I believe will be an impact player in the secondary. But Byrd? Get the ball in his hands starting Game 1 and turn him loose.

I think Byrd can make an immediate impact on offense. Warrior will be great on defense, but don't think that will happen immediately. And not taking anything away from NW, who at some point I believe will be an impact player in the secondary. But Byrd? Get the ball in his hands starting Game 1 and turn him loose.

Agreed. I think Warrior is a really good player for us in the future, but I think Byrd is in a class by himself. He is really, really good.......and ready.

VN Store

Back