Slimebaum spewing hate on Manning family

wmcovol

Some country bumpkin from Memphis (probably tiger high fan) called in blasting Peyton and Slimey took his lips off Saban's butt long enough to really drill Peyton & Archie.
The words "arrogant" and "entitled" we're used to describe Peyton and Archie.

Slimey told a story about Peyton telling Kenny Chesney to get the "F" away from me when Chesney approached him on sideline during a game at UT. Slimey call KC "one of the biggest stars in the area" when it happened. I call bull****. Chesney wasn't a big star until a yr or two later. I first heard of him when he sung the song about John Ward in '98. PM was already gone by then

I doubt you'll see any Mannings on the Slimey show anytime soon.

Reactions: 3 people
1. Too much "slimebaum". Your message loses out because you sound like an 8th grader.

2. Who cares what he thinks?

Reactions: 30 people
wtf-did-i-just-read.jpg

Reactions: 12 people
Some country bumpkin from Memphis (probably tiger high fan) called in blasting Peyton and Slimey took his lips off Saban's butt long enough to really drill Peyton & Archie.

Slimey told a story about Peyton telling Kenny Chesney to get the "F" away from me when Chesney approached him on sideline during a game at UT. Slimey call KC "one of the biggest stars in the area" when it happened. I call bull****. Chesney wasn't a big star until a yr or two later. I first heard of him when he sung the song about John Ward in '98. PM was already gone by then

sheeesh..... you're hero is human

Reactions: 1 person

Somebody's bin drinkin some of that Monroe County moonshine!

I'd be mad too if some little kid in a cowboy hat came tugging on my jersey looking for an autograph during a game. Tell his parents to keep him out of the players way

Reactions: 9 people
Class, undefinable...... but those who have it.....are unmistakable!

Finebaum doesn't have a clue...

I think the Manning's define class, especially among football players
Go Vols

Reactions: 2 people
I think Chesney actually talked about this in an interview before. I don't remember all of the details, but Chesney was joking about the incident. If I remember correctly, he completely acknowledged that the exchange was not this dramatic. Something like he was on the sidelines and "bumped into" Peyton. Peyton turned around and was like "who the F are you". A couple of years later they are singing on stage together in Neyland, so obviously the event was not taken seriously by anyone. Finebaum is going to make up his own story too though.

I'd be mad too if some little kid in a cowboy hat came tugging on my jersey looking for an autograph during a game. Tell his parents to keep him out of the players way

That's exactly what he should have done IMO. During a game there is zero time for outside socializing. Chesney should have found a walk-on QB if he wanted to hang out.

All based on if any of that actually happened in the 1st place.

I never understand folks who hate a broadcaster but feed into his success by paying attention to them...PF is so off my radar I couldn't tell you if he's still around or where he even spouts off these days..I actually opened this thread due to the Manning reference, hoping doing so did not benefit PF or give the impression I care about him in the least....I wouldn't watch or listen to PF if he had the only show available..Too much negativity IMO..

P.S.- The few times I did listen he drove me nuts with every other word preceded or followed by Ummm or Uhhh..That drives me crazy for an on-air person to constantly use Umm, Uhhh, Errr , Ahhh or something like that..TOTALLY unprofessional..But I digress....:)

Reactions: 4 people
I never understand folks who hate a broadcaster but feed into his success by paying attention to them...PF is so off my radar I couldn't tell you if he's still around or where he even spouts off these days..I actually opened this thread due to the Manning reference, hoping doing so did not benefit PF or give the impression I care about him in the least....I wouldn't watch or listen to PF if he had the only show available..Too much negativity IMO..

P.S.- The few times I did listen he drove me nuts with every other word preceded or followed by Ummm or Uhhh..That drives me crazy for an on-air person to constantly use Umm, Uhhh, Errr , Ahhh or something like that..TOTALLY unprofessional..But I digress....:)

His communication drags out but he gets by on his movie star looks. a face and ears only a mother could love.

I watched that same segment and about 90% of it was tongue-in-cheek and placating a caller, Paul finebaum has an excellent relationship with the Mannings ...get off the Internet your mom needs the phone

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people

Exactly..... Ignoring Finebaum is easy and you quickly realize that you don't miss a thing.

I watched that same segment and about 90% of it was tongue-in-cheek and placating a caller, Paul finebaum has an excellent relationship with the Mannings ...get off the Internet your mom needs the phone

:lolabove:

VN Store

Back