Pat passes

Just heard it on the radio. She brought a lot of people a lot of joy. As good a human being as she was a coach, which is really saying something. May she rest in peace.

Pat is the greatest coach of all time. There is no more sickness for this ICON. She will be loved and missed. Thank you for the memories , she will be forever a VFL and now she can go R.I.P.

She is truly the First Lady of Tennessee

Reactions: 2 people
We love you Coach Summit.

Didn't see this thread. Sorry :(.

Can a mod just either merge or delete my thread please.

Last edited:
I thought I was prepared for this, I wasn't. Nobody has every personified what it is to be a Tennessean like Pat Summitt. She always made us proud, and
I have always had the utmost respect for Pat and the manner in which she represented the school we love so much. Godspeed Pat, we'll all miss you.

2 Timothy 4

6 For I am already being poured out like a drink offering, and the time for my departure is near. 7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.

Reactions: 12 people
Coach Pat Head-Summitt.

There is nothing I can say that hasn't been said. Nothing I can write that hasn't been read. I shall miss you, Coach!

#RIPLEGENDARYVFL

St. Peter, open the gates...she's coming!

Attachments

• pat1.jpg
    pat1.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 3
Man I hate to see her go!!!....spent soo many good times watching lady vol games with her coaching on the sidelines...fierce coach that never went down without a scrap!!!!..truly one of the best basketball coaches ever!!!...so thankful that she was a lady vol in my lifetime!!!!...she represented UT with integrity and honor and I will never forget the great Pat Summit!!!!!.Prayers for her family!!!

quote-god-doesn-t-take-things-away-to-be-cruel-he-takes-things-away-to-make-room-for-other-pat-summitt-76-16-90.jpg
Always # 1

Reactions: 6 people
The world has lost a friend and a champion. A great person taken from us much too soon. Heaven has gained an Angel. Thanks Pat and may you rest in peace, you will be missed. Thanks for making me, a man, to love women's basketball and dropping my male egotistical attitude towards the women's game.

Last edited:
Statement from Dave Hart

“We are deeply saddened by today’s news of Pat Summitt’s passing. We send our deepest condolences to her son, Tyler, and to her family and friends."

“Pat Summitt is synonymous with Tennessee, but she truly is a global icon who transcended sports and spent her entire life making a difference in other peoples’ lives. She was a genuine, humble leader who focused on helping people achieve more than they thought they were capable of accomplishing. Pat was so much more than a Hall of Fame coach; she was a mother, mentor, leader, friend, humanitarian and inspiration to so many. Her legacy will live on through the countless people she touched throughout her career.”

Statement from Peyton Manning

“I’ve always been honored to call Pat Summitt my friend. She was always very supportive of my career and I enjoyed seeing her back at a Tennessee football game or when she would come to Indianapolis to see Tamika Catchings play. We would always get together and I made it a point when I came to Knoxville to visit with her.

“She was one of the people I consulted with following my junior year when I was deciding whether to turn pro early or stay in college. She gave me some very valuable advice during that time. My teammates and I went to a lot of Lady Vols games when we were in school, and I really enjoyed watching her teams play.

“I just always appreciated Pat’s friendship and support. I was always impressed with how all of her former players spoke about her. You speak to people like Tamika Catchings or Chamique Holdsclaw, and they just talk about the role that Pat played in all their lives on and off the court. You can just tell the impact that she had on those players.

“It would have been a great experience to play for her. She could have coached any team, any sport, men’s or women’s. It wouldn’t have mattered because Pat could flat out coach. I will miss her dearly, and I am honored to call her my friend. My thoughts and prayers are with Tyler and their entire family.”

Reactions: 11 people
Robin Roberts (dressed in orange) did a fantastic tribute to her this morning on GOOD MORNING AMERICA. She was a fantastic role model and a legend.. One of a kind.

Very tough to see the words Pat Summitt and dies in the same sentence. Very sad day..

Last edited:

VN Store

Back