New commit: 4-star FL ATH CJ Cotman

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Cn2gnQUWcAA8bkU.jpg:small

Cn2gnQzXgAA7qso.jpg

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tenn...5776-17-fl-rb-cotman-ut-commit-7-20-16-a.html

Reactions: 19 people
"I called coach Scott to let him know how I feel about Tennessee, and I told him I could see myself being a Vol and I told him I wanted to commit," Cotman explained.

"It's just a great opportunity in Knoxville. Coach Larry Scott has been on my trail for a long time and I like when coaches show effort in trying to get me to play for their school," Cotman said. "Also, I can really see myself playing there and they only have a few more spots and I've been liking the school for a long time so I just thought it was a good opportunity right now. I'll be up in a few weeks and I'll take one of my officials up there."

"They got a lot of defensive backs on the field at one time and with my speed and coverage ability I can fit into their program really good," Cotman said ."But, also, I can show them that if the want me on offense I can play on offense. If they want me on kick returns, punt returns, I'll take any opportunities and won't turn any opportunities down."
Fort

Reactions: 4 people
Either commit or don't. I don't want a maybe deterring Chandler or Akers.

Edit: he's playing CB

Last edited:
This is not a commitment I am counting on. "Umm...I am choosing this girl....but all other girls are welcome to change my mind anytime". WTH

Reactions: 13 people
Why commit then specify that you still want to be recruited by other schools?

For real. What the hell?

"I'd like to announce that I'm marrying my fiancé.....but here's my number all you ladies in the house, so give me a call, I'm free Saturday night.

Reactions: 8 people
hey, it's a 4*, that should be getting booms and fireworks galore!! and he had offers from everybody. go coach Scott....

I liked this analysis:

Evaluation

Cotman is an explosive athlete. He can do a lot of things very well on the football field. Most schools like him as a slot or cornerback, but he could be a very good college running back too. He has great quickness and the ability to play in space. On offense, he is great in space, on jet sweeps, and on the perimeter. On defense, he can cover, he is tough, and he has great ball skills. On special teams, he is a great return man as well. He may not have elite size, but he plays bigger. He does not shy away from contact.

Reactions: 6 people
hey, it's a 4*, that should be getting booms and fireworks galore!! and he had offers from everybody. go coach Scott....

I liked this analysis:

Understand the sentiment, love the 4 stars.....but after the caveat "still open to all schools" thingy at the end Jakez......just not feeling it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back