New Commit: '17 MS 4* WR Jordan Murphy

Enki_Amenra

Wanna Bet?
'17 MS WR Jordan Murphy (UT commit 7/21/2016)

CnRrk8gXgAAR4JZ.jpg

Reactions: 27 people
BOOM!!

What is happening with rexruiting. Isn't it the dead period? Either way. WELCOME YOUNG MAN.

Reactions: 1 person
24/7 has him as a 3*
fade, you know we only use the highest ranking available. He's a composite high 3*. He is rated highly enough that he is likely to get a 4* bump with decent performances this season.

Some have questioned the potential for eligibility issues. I think clearing up any of those questions could also help him in the rankings.

Aside from the star-rating, this kid is a heckuva talent - speed and great hands. He is up to 180+lbs and has been working hard to improve on the field and in the classroom. I think everyone will be very pleased with this guy once they learn a bit more about him.

If you haven't had the chance to see him play, have a look:

Jordan Murphy - Hudl

I don't understand why guys continue to question the coaching staff ability to recruit. 3 star or 5 let the coaches get the guys they like. GO VOLS

Reactions: 4 people
fade, you know we only use the highest ranking available. He's a composite high 3*. He is rated highly enough that he is likely to get a 4* bump with decent performances this season.

Some have questioned the potential for eligibility issues. I think clearing up any of those questions could also help him in the rankings.

Aside from the star-rating, this kid is a heckuva talent - speed and great hands. He is up to 180+lbs and has been working hard to improve on the field and in the classroom. I think everyone will be very pleased with this guy once they learn a bit more about him.

If you haven't had the chance to see him play, have a look:

Jordan Murphy - Hudl

There is a reason Bama wanted him.

Stars do matter but maybe more important is the offer list. Most of the time when we beat out LSU and Bama for a player, he's a good one.

Reactions: 5 people
I don't understand why guys continue to question the coaching staff ability to recruit. 3 star or 5 let the coaches get the guys they like. GO VOLS

When the coaches show that they can beat the UF's and the BAMA's of the world with 3* talent then fine. But so far they haven't shown that. If things change this year then I'll change my opinion.

Stars do matter but maybe more important is the offer list. Most of the time when we beat out LSU and Bama for a player, he's a good one.

Years ago that was true. Offer lists mattered. Not really any more. Just look how Tennessee tosses out offers. Hundreds of them and ALOT of them aren't committable. Other schools do it too, but UT is usually right at the top extending offers wise. If a kid lists a Tennessee or an Alabama offer but that school won't take a commitment from that recruit that day, is it an offer for anything? No. Its worthless. Lots and Lots of worthless "offers" on recruiting profiles these days.

Reactions: 3 people
Years ago that was true. Offer lists mattered. Not really any more. Just look how Tennessee tosses out offers. Hundreds of them and ALOT of them aren't committable. Other schools do it too, but UT is usually right at the top extending offers wise. If a kid lists a Tennessee or an Alabama offer but that school won't take a commitment from that recruit that day, is it an offer for anything? No. Its worthless. Lots and Lots of worthless "offers" on recruiting profiles these days.

You have no clue what you are talking about, but by all means, go ahead and try to convince people you do.

Reactions: 10 people
What was that kids name from oak ridge? Zoom that's the vols train moving on! GoVols

When the coaches show that they can beat the UF's and the BAMA's of the world with 3* talent then fine. But so far they haven't shown that. If things change this year then I'll change my opinion.

But almost every starter on the 2016 roster, especially on defense, was a former composite 4* or high 4*/ 5* on one site or another and many second and third stringer's were as well. We aren't trying to beat UF and UA with 3*s. That just simply isn't the current predicament. This team is LOADED from top to bottom at every position with blue chip recruits from the '14, '15 and '16 classes. In regards to the 2017 class, I think it will look very different come NSD. How concerned would you be about the class if we landed 4 or more of the following: Gibbs, Chandler, Smith, Eze, Holloman, Foster, Williams and Akers? All of those are possibilities, added to the guys we already have: Gray, Crosby and the Gaddy twins. I doubt a lot of these 3* commitments make it to signing day, as well.

Reactions: 2 people

We are talented enough to beat those teams. Actually with better coaching we win at least 2 of the 4 we lost. Our team is full of 4 star players that's not the problem. How about we just be fans and let them do the job they are paid really well to do.

Reactions: 3 people
But almost every starter on the 2016 roster, especially on defense, was a former composite 4* or high 4*/ 5* on one site or another and many second and third stringer's were as well. We aren't trying to beat UF and UA with 3*s. That just simply isn't the current predicament. This team is LOADED from top to bottom at every position with blue chip recruits from the '14, '15 and '16 classes. In regards to the 2017 class, I think it will look very different come NSD. How concerned would you be about the class if we landed 4 or more of the following: Gibbs, Chandler, Smith, Eze, Holloman, Foster, Williams and Akers? All of those are possibilities, added to the guys we already have: Gray, Crosby and the Gaddy twins. I doubt a lot of these 3* commitments make it to signing day, as well.

Sutton, vereen, hall, Robertson, Thomas, Weismann, josh smith all 3*

VN Store

Back