Butch Jones pinpoints ‘defining moment’ for Tennessee football program

dduncan4163

Have at it Hoss
https://www.seccountry.com/tennesse...efining-moment-for-tennessee-football-program

“The defining moment in our football program was the Arkansas game,” Jones told reporters during a breakout session at SEC Media Days. “That was a hard-fought loss. I walked into the locker room, you had kids in tears. They could feel the negative energy, they could feel the clutter, they could feel the distractions. I knew they were looking at me.
“I thought that was the defining moment, because that shows the type of character we have in our football program… That moment brought us closer as a football program than any other moment we’ve been in Tennessee.”

Good stuff

Go Vols

Reactions: 4 people
Sometimes adversity works in a team's favor - as long as the leader recognizes the opportunity and makes the most of it. Clearly, CBJ did - both.

Reactions: 1 person
Sometimes adversity works in a team's favor - as long as the leader recognizes the opportunity and makes the most of it. Clearly, CBJ did - both.
Yup that loss may end up being the best thing that happened to this team. Everything just seemed to finally click in the UGA game and we never looked back.

I think the defining moment was the Georgia game, we had had the worst week in CBJ career. people was calling for his head, can't coach, Blowing leads, every little mistake was blown way out of proportion, then the story that Seth Stokes ask about CBJ in his press conference about him punching a player, and gave it legs by mocking CBJ and making fun of him on their radio show. He was just about in the same position Dooley was in when he lost his team. Only this time, the team had CBJ back. Everything that could go wrong went wrong to start that game. But the players kept digging and got a few brakes that could only happen because they never quit. That was the turning point of last year. The team learned a lot during that week, and even CBJ changed some of his coaching style that week something Dooley never did. Looking back on it, it was a pretty good week.

Reactions: 4 people
I couldn't believe the sight of our fans leaving the stadium when UT had enough time to mount one final drive. I believe we all quit on Butch then, its amazing the players didn't.

it sounds like the boys and coaches had that hellishly distasteful copper taste you get in you mouth when you face death...:blink:

GO VOLS!

Hopefully last years ARK game is this years defining moment too. We don't need a defining moment this year, we just need W's.

All we need this year is to hand out defining azz whoopin's, yunz dig wat I'm saying?

I think the defining moment was the Georgia game, we had had the worst week in CBJ career. people was calling for his head, can't coach, Blowing leads, every little mistake was blown way out of proportion, then the story that Seth Stokes ask about CBJ in his press conference about him punching a player, and gave it legs by mocking CBJ and making fun of him on their radio show. He was just about in the same position Dooley was in when he lost his team. Only this time, the team had CBJ back. Everything that could go wrong went wrong to start that game. But the players kept digging and got a few brakes that could only happen because they never quit. That was the turning point of last year. The team learned a lot during that week, and even CBJ changed some of his coaching style that week something Dooley never did. Looking back on it, it was a pretty good week.

Now our next step is to win a game that we are NOT favored to win. An upset win!

VN Store

Back