Projecting College Football Preseason Top 25 at the Start of Fall Camp

dduncan4163

Have at it Hoss
Projecting College Football Preseason Top 25 at the Start of Fall Camp | Bleacher Report

8. Tennessee

hi-res-2f2c047d96d183fd8aeb7c243c48d150_crop_north.jpg
Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports

Tennessee has no shortage of talent on defense. Each unit contains a potential first-round pick, including edge-rusher Derek Barnett, linebacker Jalen Reeves-Maybin and cornerback Cam Sutton.
But can the offense finally assert itself against top competition? Head coach Butch Jones' squad begins SEC action against Florida, Georgia, Texas A&M and Alabama. While the Vols can't necessarily win the East by Oct. 15, they certainly could lose it.
Joshua Dobbs flashed his skill set in 2014. He limited mistakes last season. For Tennessee to compete for more than a conference title, however, the quarterback needs to command the offense, especially against the best opponents.

It has been a long time since we've went into a season a consensus top 10 pick. The season is just a little over a month away nation and I can barely contain my excitement:pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper:

GO VOLS

Reactions: 3 people
I also agree with his assessment of Dobbs. If number 11 opens up the passing attack just a little more this season we are not only in Atlanta but Tampa too.

Reactions: 4 people
I also agree with his assessment of Dobbs. If number 11 opens up the passing attack just a little more this season we are not only in Atlanta but Tampa too.

Agree as well. As I have said if Dobbs passing matches his running ability, look out.

I'm happy with this...in fact...it's about 3-5 places higher than I ever expected.

September 24th will show whether Top 3-5 is possible.

Reactions: 1 person
Projecting College Football Preseason Top 25 at the Start of Fall Camp | Bleacher Report

8. Tennessee

Tennessee has no shortage of talent on defense. Each unit contains a potential first-round pick, including edge-rusher Derek Barnett, linebacker Jalen Reeves-Maybin and cornerback Cam Sutton.
But can the offense finally assert itself against top competition? Head coach Butch Jones' squad begins SEC action against Florida, Georgia, Texas A&M and Alabama. While the Vols can't necessarily win the East by Oct. 15, they certainly could lose it.
Joshua Dobbs flashed his skill set in 2014. He limited mistakes last season. For Tennessee to compete for more than a conference title, however, the quarterback needs to command the offense, especially against the best opponents.

It has been a long time since we've went into a season a consensus top 10 pick. The season is just a little over a month away nation and I can barely contain my excitement:pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper:

GO VOLS

We can beat at least 5 out of the 7 teams they have ranked ahead of us. Clemson is the one I question the most with FSU being next.

Otherwise, we can get the other 5 teams I'm pretty confident. I say this because these are probably going to be the teams left to fight for the 4 team playoff positions.

Truthfully we could argue that UT should be higher on this list. Not saying we should but it's debatable. We have the most experience returning compared to the other 7 in front of us and just as much talent if not more.

8. Tennessee

GO VOLS

If everything offensively comes together this team could potentially be nasty.

VN Store

Back