CBJ “Everybody expects they’re going to be the champions"

UT Hill Man

I ♥ Big Jugs
Butch has been embracing the high expectations on this team, and now he's talking championships!!! I love his confidence!!!

Butch Jones: 'I told our staff we need to embrace the expectations'

butchjonesclapping.jpg

Reactions: 7 people
In the SEC, if you have a quality returning starting QB and a good defensive line with depth you are in the race.UT has both for the first time in a long time. It will be fun to see how we play it.

Reactions: 1 person
Finally.

No more cowering under the pressure.

I'm glad he's finally listening to his players. They expect to be champions. And so should he.

It's been a long wait for this season. It just feels like we are back, and it's extremely pleasing as an Alum to see the good things these young men are doing under Jones.

"the progress the program has made: 92 percent graduation rate under Jones’ watch, 63 players with a 3.0 grade-point average, over 5,000 hours of community service."

:clapping: Hell of a turn around from the last 10 years, and it should applauded.

Reactions: 3 people
Finally.

No more cowering under the pressure.

I'm glad he's finally listening to his players. They expect to be champions. And so should he.
I don't think it's so much listening to his players as it is facing reality. He knows he now has the players and depth (thanks to he and his staffs recruiting), to win the east and compete for the playoffs. He also knows if they fall flat on their face, the fans and media are going to hold him 100% accountable.

Reactions: 7 people
As stated above, he really can't put a wet blanket on expectations, and still expect to be taken seriously.

I like the embracing of expectations. Now, transfer that confidence to the players, which should be no problem.

They're ready.

I don't think it's so much listening to his players as it is facing reality. He knows he now has the players and depth (thanks to he and his staffs recruiting), to win the east and compete for the playoffs. He also knows if they fall flat on their face, the fans and media are going to hold him 100% accountable.

That goes for anyone in a leadership position. :good!:

I respectfully disagree. Even though CBJ said put it all on his shoulders, the point of JRM's reviewing tape with the players in spring, is that the Players recognize that much of this is (was, in '015) on them. He/the program has given these players every opp to now climb higher.

Reactions: 4 people
As stated above, he really can't put a wet blanket on expectations, and still expect to be taken seriously.

I like the embracing of expectations. Now, transfer that confidence to the players, which should be no problem.

They're ready.

We have so many great coaches who post on here.... The depth of knowledge and insight is really astounding. I hope Butch requires his entire staff to log in here at least once a day and take notes so they will know how to coach the team better.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
On the injury front, the biggest concern is highly touted sophomore defensive tackle Shy Tuttle, who suffered a broken foot and other injuries on a questionable shot to the knee against Georgia last October. Tuttle will be limited in August but has been cleared to run, Jones said.

There was nothing questionable about it, Jimmy. It was an obvious cheap shot. You hold a DT from behind, then drop and take his legs out, again from behind. Dirty...effing...shot. I hope KMac steamrolls his azz to the point he begs Smart to take him out of the game.

Reactions: 2 people
I respectfully disagree. Even though CBJ said put it all on his shoulders, the point of JRM's reviewing tape with the players in spring, is that the Players recognize that much of this is (was, in '015) on them. He/the program has given these players every opp to now climb higher.
You have every right to disagree, and I respect your opinion, but the fact is, players never have and never will be held responsible for wins or losses at the end of the day / year. Head coaches who make millions of dollars always have been and always will be. This team's success or failure will fall squarely on CBJ's shoulders as it should.

Reactions: 3 people
I do not ever want to see us go for a FG from the 1 again unless it is to win the game in the last min. or time about to expire in the first half!!

Reactions: 1 person
There was nothing questionable about it, Jimmy. It was an obvious cheap shot. You hold a DT from behind, then drop and take his legs out, again from behind. Dirty...effing...shot. I hope KMac steamrolls his azz to the point he begs Smart to take him out of the game.

Wait, that kid that did this to Tuttle didn't graduate? If that's the case if I was him I would act like I had the flu the weekend they play us.

Butch Jones has the most expensive charts available

Hey, Butch has some of the youngest charts in America. Some of Butch's charts have never even flown in a plane.

Just teasing ya, Butch, you know I love ya, man. Like you're even reading VolNation. :)

VN Store

Back