Gary Danielson on "Battle for Atlanta"

pondr

Selective Misanthrope
Talking about how Tennessee "chokes" in tight games...

Is it wrong to hate someone so much that you keep hoping he'll stroke out and lose the ability to speak altogether?

Reactions: 6 people

Is it wrong to hate someone so much that you keep hoping he'll stroke out and lose the ability to speak altogether?

Yes. Yes, it is. Come on man, stroke out and lose the ability to speak? It's a game - chill.

Reactions: 24 people
As a CBS commentator, Gary Danielson has called precisely TWO Tennessee wins. Bama 2006 and UGA 2015.

It's not surprising that he thinks we suck.

Reactions: 15 people

You can certainly state the FACT Tennessee "Choked" against OU & UF last year...I'm NOT a Danielson fan...but, those ARE the FACTS!

Reactions: 11 people
Can't argue with Danielson, Vols must take the next step and prove to everyone that things have indeed changed on Rock Top.....that the Vols are true winners and don't quit till they get it right:yahoo:
Go Vols

Reactions: 3 people
Based on the responses so far, I have the sinking feeling that drunk posting mixed with flight of ideas thought patterns is going to bite me in the ass once again...

How about if I just go with "Gary Danielson is a big old meany"?

Reactions: 4 people
As a CBS commentator, Gary Danielson has called precisely TWO Tennessee wins. Bama 2006 and UGA 2015.

It's not surprising that he thinks we suck.

when I watched the replay of the UGA win last year I realized how much I dislike his commentary. after Hurd blasted the DB, Danielson gets on his soap box about making what he did a penalty because he put his head down when he flattened the guy. Poor defenseless tackler. What a candy a** comment.

Reactions: 13 people
when I watched the replay of the UGA win last year I realized how much I dislike his commentary. after Hurd blasted the DB, Danielson gets on his soap box about making what he did a penalty because he put his head down when he flattened the guy. Poor defenseless tackler. What a candy a** comment.

I remember that commentary as well. Pretty pathetic. If I recall correctly it was almost like he came up with the idea on the spot and then proceeded to kiss his own butt for having such an interesting observation.

I'm not a fan of those clowns!! Every time we play a CBS game it is very apparent they are biased towards the other team and I swear if they mention Tebow this year I may throw my remote through the tv

Reactions: 1 person
Based on the responses so far, I have the sinking feeling that drunk posting mixed with flight of ideas thought patterns is going to bite me in the ass once again...

How about if I just go with "Gary Danielson is a big old meany"?
In all seriousness I still miss Sean Mcdonagh and Terry Donahue. They were the best duo CBS ever had

Attachments

• funny-drunk-guy-fat-girl.jpg
    funny-drunk-guy-fat-girl.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 1,195
Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
I'm not a fan of those clowns!! Every time we play a CBS game it is very apparent they are biased towards the other team and I swear if they mention Tebow this year I may throw my remote through the tv

I have this argument with a co-worker, he thinks I'm crazy, but I swear Gary can work Tebow into any conversation. If there is one thing all SEC fans can get behind its the complete hatred for Gary and Verne

There are ways to deal with a smart ass sports commentator and one of the ways is to win all the games, you can use your own imagination of other ways to deal with him, can't you?
Go Vols

If anyone knows choking its Gary Danielson. Did he EVERwin a big game anywhere?

Reality was the team was mostly sophomores and freshmen last yr (only 11 seniors this yr) and they gassed out late vs Ou and UF due to lack of depth, not choke. Yet if someone says it, half of the Vols fan base agrees

Last edited:
While one cannot control those announcing a game, there is one very magic thing you do control - the volume. When confronted with blithering idiots announcing a game, turn down the sound. The game speaks for itself (this is not radio, remember), why does one need someone to tell them what is happening? When attending a game in person, there is no play-by-play or someone telling you what just happened. Enjoy the game, shut out those who would annoy you - unless you just enjoy complaining!

He was on the call for the Georgia game so I guess he just has memory issues

VN Store

Back