1 Week Out...

jakez4ut

Patience... It's what's for dinner
and the anticipation and anxiety are all there.

the talking heads are doing their thing, and we're now starting to see some folks offering up the "other side of the coin" when it comes to team 120.

we've seen Joey Galloway argue that CBJ should be on the hot seat should we lose to FL, we've seen Danny Kannell and Greg Mcleroy prop GA and FL up and wonder aloud about "can TN actually do it?" and many others taking a "i'll believe it when i see it approach".

countless others leaving some of the star power from team 120 off various all conference, all american or other award lists....

and yet there's still plenty of folks (barrett Salee leading the charge) out there that believe in team 120. (i actually heard Paul Finebaum vehemently defend TN against Joey Galloway yesterday?)

long story short....

in less than one week...the talk stops. and the only thing left for CBJ and team 120 to do....is produce.

this team has a giant opportunity in front of it, and none of the pre season prognostication (good or bad), pre season rankings, or award lists will have a thing to do with it.

finally.....it's time to get results.

GBO.

Reactions: 17 people
everything I've seen up to now points to us having our best season in a million years (well, seems like it anyway) and I don't care what others say...my only slight concern is the injury bug biting us in the behind...:)

GO VOLS!

I expect a very vanilla gameplan against ASU...anyone who wants us to come out crazy like will be disappointed. However, we still win comfortably, very comfortably.

Reactions: 4 people
I expect a very vanilla gameplan against ASU...anyone who wants us to come out crazy like will be disappointed. However, we still win comfortably, very comfortably.

Yep. You know Butch is leaving all his tricks in his bag for the Battle at Bristol. No doubt. He knows we can beat ASU with a basic gameplan, and then the playbook will be out in force against VT.

Reactions: 2 people
I hope to see a very fast disruptive defense that tackles and covers very well, if this happens the sky's the limit for team 120
Go Vols

Reactions: 1 person
Synopsis: TV talk shows suck.

i wouldn't go that far, but as the off season drones on....there's only so much you can say w/out seeing what it really looks like, good or bad.

and inevitably, you get to the point where people start to be contrarian just for the sake of being contrarian.

i laughed out loud when i heard Joey Galloway say CBJ should be on the hot seat....that's when i knew we've reached the tipping point of the off season, and it's just time to play, thankfully....

i wouldn't go that far, but as the off season drones on....there's only so much you can say w/out seeing what it really looks like, good or bad.

and inevitably, you get to the point where people start to be contrarian just for the sake of being contrarian.

i laughed out loud when i heard Joey Galloway say CBJ should be on the hot seat....that's when i knew we've reached the tipping point of the off season, and it's just time to play, thankfully....

Galloway= self-absorbed, over-rated player whose lame commentary is irrelevant. GBO :whistling:

Yes, all of this talk stops once we face off against the mighty, unranked, Appalachian State Mountaineers and everyone sees how truly good we are

we've seen Joey Galloway argue that CBJ should be on the hot seat should we lose to FL, we've seen Danny Kannell and Greg Mcleroy prop GA and FL up and wonder aloud about "can TN actually do it?" and many others taking a "i'll believe it when i see it approach".

Don't care what Big 10 and ACC hacks think about UT.

We did our CFB pool yesterday and I picked the Vols to win it all. I really believe that the combination of Shoop and wealth of defensive talent results in a smothering defense and becomes the difference maker. I have drunk the Big Orange kool aid and it tastes goooooooooooooooooooooooooood!

I have worked myself into such a froth that I'm almost willing to give up six days of my life if I can go home and watch the game tonight.

Galloway= self-absorbed, over-rated player whose lame commentary is irrelevant. GBO :whistling:

Not really.

I think Joey Galloway is one of the most astute analysts at ESPN.

And I agree with him that Butch Jones is on the hot seat if he loses to Florida.

Not really.

I think Joey Galloway is one of the most astute analysts at ESPN.

And I agree with him that Butch Jones is on the hot seat if he loses to Florida.

Define hotseat.

He'll get scrutiny and a ton of criticism, but in no way will his job be in jeopardy IMO.

Reactions: 4 people
If Joey Galloway thinks Butch's seat is hot, he hasn't done his homework. Guess he's just a typical Ohio State Yankee that likes to run his mouth for no apparent reason

o-DALAI-LAMA-facebook.jpg

If the Lama is wearing orange... Just sayin'...

The talk won't stop after kickoff against app state.
It will continue all the way up to kickoff of the Florida game.
Win and the talk will change - still a lot of challenges but we've taken a huge step.
Lose and the talk will be awful.

Define hotseat.

He'll get scrutiny and a ton of criticism, but in no way will his job be in jeopardy IMO.

His job will be in jeopardy if he doesn't turn it around against Georgia, A&M, and Alabama.

Butch Jones will be coaching for his job if he UNDERACHIEVES again.

Fact is, we'll face media doubters and contrarians no matter how well each game goes.

I remember clearly, back in '98, how many of the talking heads were playing up UCLA and Kansas State (the other two undefeated teams), and doubting Tennessee, right up to the weekend both UCLA and KSU fell while we won the SEC CG. And even after that point, folks were talking about how Tennessee would be exposed by a "better Florida State team" in the inaugural BCS CG.

So the nega-Nancy media types aren't going away, no matter how well Team 120 does. Just gotta keep their remarks in memory so that we can watch to see if they eat crow after they're proven wrong.

Go Vols!

Last edited:
His job will be in jeopardy if he doesn't turn it around against Georgia, A&M, and Alabama.

Butch Jones will be coaching for his job if he UNDERACHIEVES again.

What do you mean underachieve again? When has he underachieve? Do you mean he'll underachieve if he loses to Florida this season?

VN Store

Back