Dobbs praises Shoop's impact ... on offense

weallvol

Joshua Dobbs said on Sunday that it’s been the closest thing to game-like conditions in camp that he recalled. “It’s been very different. You go against the same defense a couple years, kind of know it’s practice 10 this is what’s going in, this blitz is going in,” said Dobbs, who with 22 career starts is the most experienced signal-caller this season in the SEC. “So it’s a little different but it’s been great just being able to work on your coverage identifications, blitz pickups, you’re not really sure what they’re doing, changing up looks. “And making it more game-like; you can’t really anticipate anything, you’re just out there reading and reacting and protecting the football. It’s been great for me and our o-line and the receivers adjusting to the coverages and different looks throughout camp.”

Reactions: 5 people
Joshua Dobbs said on Sunday that it’s been the closest thing to game-like conditions in camp that he recalled. “It’s been very different. You go against the same defense a couple years, kind of know it’s practice 10 this is what’s going in, this blitz is going in,” said Dobbs, who with 22 career starts is the most experienced signal-caller this season in the SEC. “So it’s a little different but it’s been great just being able to work on your coverage identifications, blitz pickups, you’re not really sure what they’re doing, changing up looks. “And making it more game-like; you can’t really anticipate anything, you’re just out there reading and reacting and protecting the football. It’s been great for me and our o-line and the receivers adjusting to the coverages and different looks throughout camp.”

"I think "Shoops" affect spills over on to our offense also. The offense is having to go up against his extravagant formations and blitzes. It's a win win situation."

Posted that in the Depth chart released thread yesterday, see it is on par with what our offense is thinking of Shoops defense.

I think and this is just me thinking this but if the offence can move the ball against Shoops defense then I think ut will have no problem moving the ball on any defense this year.

Reactions: 1 person
"I think "Shoops" affect spills over on to our offense also. The offense is having to go up against his extravagant formations and blitzes. It's a win win situation."

Posted that in the Depth chart released thread yesterday, see it is on par with what our offense is thinking of Shoops defense.

I love the fact that the D is making the O read and react more because they don't know what's coming unlike with Jancek. This only makes our offense better

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I think and this is just me thinking this but if the offence can move the ball against Shoops defense then I think ut will have no problem moving the ball on any defense this year.

I certainly hope so. Although Bama and UF will still field very good defenses.

Even the best teams have game(s) where they can't. Like a pitcher not having his best stuff. Have to fight through it.

VN Store

Back