Marquez North let go in LA

Hate this. His freshman year he looked like the next big thing, then crap luck.

Reactions: 8 people
When he made that crazy tip toe catch in the endzone vs Georgia in 2013 I thought "Wow! That guy is going to be a first round pick someday". Ugh, shame.

Attachments

• hi-res-32f7af6b021319f1ebad22c779d0c368_crop_exact.jpg
    hi-res-32f7af6b021319f1ebad22c779d0c368_crop_exact.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 176
Reactions: 19 people
he needed to stay another year and try to develop more. He was not ready for the NFL. I think if he had another year at UT, it would have put him in a better opportunity to be drafted. Good luck in the CFL.

Reactions: 11 people
Well, it is time for the teams to trim the rosters. And if the Rams choose, they can put him on IR. Hope he finishes his degree.

That was expected, he's been a no-show. He's a physical specimen that should get another shot, but I won't count on it.

he needed to stay another year and try to develop more. He was not ready for the NFL. I think if he had another year at UT, it would have put him in a better opportunity to be drafted. Good luck in the CFL.

Not sure. It's not like UT has a high powered passing attack to show off his talents

Reactions: 9 people
When he made that crazy tip toe catch in the endzone vs Georgia in 2013 I thought "Wow! That guy is going to be a first round pick someday". Ugh, shame.

North without doubt has the highest % of acrobatic catches per target in UT history. Rarely did he ever get hit in stride. It was always something magical it seemed.

Not sure if it was weak QB or routes. Nevertheless there man can concentrate on a catch. Hope he makes it.

Reactions: 2 people

don't think it would have helped. He had given up on this staff and program and they had given up on him. Gotta want to play

Reactions: 16 people
Not sure. It's not like UT has a high powered passing attack to show off his talents

But NFL meaduarables after a season "if and that's a big "if" he could prove to stay healthy would do him good even if stats are not passing wows. He could prove to have been good route running and blocking to go with his frame and a season injury free would move him up draft board.

North wasn't ready for big time college football, much less the NFL. He was a highly rated high school player who turned out to be a bust in college.

Some of you are pathetic. Acting like he is terrible because he is injury prone. You are salty because he left to try and make it in the NFL. He could have been a great player here but injuries hurt his abilities and it seems like he can't catch a break in the NFL.

I'm not sure if he even played in any of LA's preseason games. I know he didn't catch any passes or touch the ball. He either has some lingering injury issue--which is what his release seems to suggest--or he's just not all that good. I think his (lack of) speed was an issue with him all along.

VN Store

Back