Barnett Timeout

If it's the play I'm thinking about it looked like he hurt his hand batting the pass down. Probably just jammed a finger or something.

Reactions: 1 person
It looked to me like he and Jumper were having communication issues with getting set up for the play. That was late in the game and we had FL backed up deep in their own territory. With the momentum we had going, we could afford to burn a time out to get on the same page and keep FL from hitting a big play. JMO

Reactions: 6 people
It looked to me like he and Jumper were having communication issues with getting set up for the play. That was late in the game and we had FL backed up deep in their own territory. With the momentum we had going, we could afford to burn a time out to get on the same page and keep FL from hitting a big play. JMO

^^This. Barnett was set over the LT and then it looked like KMAC slid out to his spot and tried to nudge Barnett to move further out past the LT, and that's when Barnett turned and looked at Jumper with his arms out and his palms up, which to me signaled some confusion on his part. Jumper may have signaled a change, which is why KMAC slid to his right. Barnett may not have gotten the signal, so was confused when KMAC tried to nudge him further out. Whatever the reason, it was a heads up play by one of our defensive leaders that could very well have kept the gators from getting a first down there.

Reactions: 5 people
^^This. Barnett was set over the LT and then it looked like KMAC slid out to his spot and tried to nudge Barnett to move further out past the LT, and that's when Barnett turned and looked at Jumper with his arms out and his palms up, which to me signaled some confusion on his part. Jumper may have signaled a change, which is why KMAC slid to his right. Barnett may not have gotten the signal, so was confused when KMAC tried to nudge him further out. Whatever the reason, it was a heads up play by one of our defensive leaders that could very well have kept the gators from getting a first down there.

Yes! His finger was a little dinged up. But, he called the timeout because they didn't get lined up correctly....(for whatever reason). Smart play by DB! Good timeout.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back