You should be ranked higher than you are

lawgator1

You beat UF as the favorite, at home, and so the simple fact that you won should not have been treated as any sort of surprise.

Where I think the voters are not giving you enough credit is the way you won. You were down 21-3 at half and looked like you were headed for a sure loss, and came out and quickly erased that deficit and pulled away.

And as much as it will hurt you to admit it, Florida is not bad, especially defensively. So imo you ought to be more in the 7-10 area in the polls right now.

P.S. This is not a trap.

Reactions: 57 people
Quite a few teams got punished hard for winning ugly in early games. Not seen that happen much before, especially 8 spots like we got dinged.

Reactions: 3 people
It makes sense that voters would doubt us. We haven't been nationally relevant since 2001. (You can't count 04 and 07 because we weren't NATIONALLY relevant)

Well, as questionable as you looked against some of the early competition, certainly the second half last Saturday should erase that doubt.

2 things...1) the only problem is that the first half happened, and it looked a lot like the vols of the 1st three games....inconsistent and mistake prone.
2) what would really erase it is a sound, 4 qtr game Saturday.

Reactions: 8 people
Early Polls are funny. LSU & Notre Dame top 10 to start, now out of top 25.

GA was 12th 5 days ago.

My 6 year old son can quote you every team's ranking in both top 25 polls, but I think Vegas is a lot better. They do it for money and leave the emotion out of it.

That's why we never bet for or against UT.... too much emotion in the way....same way with the poll voters

Reactions: 1 person
Started the season ranked #9....

4-0....

Now ranked 11th...

Makes sense.

the kicker is - we likely will play 7 consecutive bowl teams. yes we played ugly. But how many other teams have played 4 straight bowl teams? Maybe a lot, but I don't think so.

Go big Orange!:rock2:

I think people are starting to catch on...right when we want them to.

raUQi7g_zps8xt8navz.gif

Reactions: 3 people
It's been a weird year in the polls period. I understand being dropped after that Appy State game but V Tech and especially Florida are no slouches. If we handle UGA this weekend we'll shoot into the top 10

Last edited:
We have no one to blame but ourselves. If we go out and take care of App State and Ohio like we should have we would of never left the top 10.

Reactions: 4 people
This season is playing out like it should. Sleep walking through some games and finally putting a second half together against Florida. These guys need something to keep them motivated apparently. Hopefully they don't sleep walk through the rest of this stretch. Put a first half together and take care of Georgia early. And let us have a top10 match up in College Station.

Style points matter. But as long as we get the offense moving the ball we should be fine. I don't care where we are ranked now. Beat GA, TAM, and AL. And we don't have to worry about rankings for the rest of the year.

Reactions: 8 people
I'm not too worried. Win games and the ranking sorts itself out. I would agree we should be in the Top 10, but the only problem with that is we would have to jump someone and I can't really see who we deserve to jump at this point.

A questionable start to the year caused us to drop in the rankings. We have essentially almost climbed back to where we were. If we win this weekend we will certainly move back to the #8-#9 range because of all the ranked matchups, but as far as this poll goes I think we are where we should be.

We aren't going to jump Washington or Stanford until they lose, A&M has looked better than us so far. So I don't see how else we could make it any higher.

Reactions: 1 person
Only issue with the FL win is that they played a bunch of high school teams..beat LSU, UGA dare I say FSU? That win will mean more.

It all depends on if UF gets mad after that game and starts to play or if they let it destroy them and play like krap the rest of the year.

Only issue with the FL win is that they played a bunch of high school teams..beat LSU, UGA dare I say FSU? That win will mean more.

It all depends on if UF gets mad after that game and starts to play or if they let it destroy them and play like krap the rest of the year.

I vote lose to Vandy then win all the others

OP I agree. I was just looking at Wisconsin facing Michigan Saturday as an 11 point underdog. Wisconsin has beaten Michigan State and LSU, while Michigans flagship win appears to be Penn State. I'm wondering where all this magical faith the pollsters get it from. I don't think it's statistical quantifiable data I think it's pre conceived notions driven by popular name recognition. No faith in Wisconsin to beat Michigan and little credit if they do, just as with Tennessee and their schedule.

Reactions: 2 people
Maybe. But this week the top 10 shuffle begins. We just need to take care of business in Athens then we will find a spot in the 10.

You beat UF as the favorite, at home, and so the simple fact that you won should not have been treated as any sort of surprise.

Where I think the voters are not giving you enough credit is the way you won. You were down 21-3 at half and looked like you were headed for a sure loss, and came out and quickly erased that deficit and pulled away.

And as much as it will hurt you to admit it, Florida is not bad, especially defensively. So imo you ought to be more in the 7-10 area in the polls right now.

P.S. This is not a trap.

I think it's more punishment of how bad they think the Gator defense is after the 3 cupcakes you all played to get those skewed numbers.

Just pullin your chain. Never understood the polls. Go beat each opponent, each game and I would hope it fixes itself.

Just Win Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our guys better be ready to go Saturday. Georgia will be for sure.

VN Store

Back