Retirement of Nick Saban

agr708

Do you guys realize that Saban has had six #1 recruiting classes in a row? How can anyone beat that? What Alabama is doing is a once in a life time deal and it will soon be over. Saban is 64. He can't coach forever and when he leaves so does Alabama. Recruits don't go there because it's Alabama, they go because of Saban. Until he retires, this is how it's gonna be. I CAN'T WAIT!!!! Go Vols

Reactions: 6 people
in a few years, after he picks up more rings, maybe the other 13 SEC coaches can send nick a million each as a retirement inducement.

Reactions: 2 people
Do you guys realize that Saban has had six #1 recruiting classes in a row? How can anyone beat that? What Alabama is doing is a once in a life time deal and it will soon be over. Saban is 64. He can't coach forever and when he leaves so does Alabama. Recruits don't go there because it's Alabama, they go because of Saban. Until he retires, this is how it's gonna be. I CAN'T WAIT!!!! Go Vols

You're dreaming. Sure, they may not have an annual #1 class, but if you believe there will be some magical dropoff, well, you'll be disappointed. Alabama football is bigger than Nick Saban, and always will be. I guess you think UK basketball will be forever finished when Calipari leaves too.

Reactions: 5 people
He seems like he has no desire to slow down. Unlike guys like Bobby Bowden, losing long term assistants doesn't seem to faze him.

Knowing how ultra competitive he is, I think he will want to at least match Bryant's 7 NCs if he thinks it's possible.

This year could give him 6 (5 at Bama). I could see him coaching 6-8 more years if his health holds up and if he keeps performing at a high level.

Reactions: 1 person
You're dreaming. Sure, they may not have an annual #1 class, but if you believe there will be some magical dropoff, well, you'll be disappointed. Alabama football is bigger than Nick Saban, and always will be. I guess you think UK basketball will be forever finished when Calipari leaves too.

Florida say hi.

Reactions: 5 people
I'm having nightmares about finishing a combined 0-20+ against Nick Saban and Urban Meyer. I so badly want to get a win over Saban before he retires. It still bothers me a little that we never beat Florida with Urban Meyer as coach. I really hope our next win over Bama doesn't come over some no-name coach who's well in the process of running the program into the ground.

Before Saban Alabama was never this good ALL THE TIME. And Kentucky had success but they never signed classes full of 5* players like they do. Be realistic. Yes they are both going to see a drop off after the coaches leave. The worst thing that could possibly ever happen is if Saban and Calipari were coaching at the same school.

Reactions: 6 people

Look what happened to Florida when Meyer left, Memphis when Calipari left, USC when Pete Carroll left. I'm not dreaming it has happened before. No one will ever match Nick Saban.

Reactions: 3 people
Before Saban Alabama was never this good ALL THE TIME. And Kentucky had success but they never signed classes full of 5* players like they do. Be realistic. Yes they are both going to see a drop off after the coaches leave. The worst thing that could possibly ever happen is if Saban and Calipari were coaching at the same school.

They will see a drop off IF they don't go get a stud coach. They pay the money to get the best available, they won't drop off more than a couple of years.

Look what happened to Florida when Meyer left, Memphis when Calipari left, USC when Pete Carroll left. I'm not dreaming it has happened before. No one will ever match Nick Saban.

If they grab Dabo, there will be no drop off. Memphis and Florida DO NOT have the historical winning tradition that Alabama does. Period. USC is an enigma. I don't understand their fall off other than they just won't pay a coach.

Reactions: 1 person
They will see a drop off IF they don't go get a stud coach. They pay the money to get the best available, they won't drop off more than a couple of years.
This is true. Money doesn't matter to Alabama. The thing is, even if they were paying a coach 20 million, that coach won't be like Saban. His recruiting ability is just insane. No coach out there is like him!

I have a idea. Why don't we just make the right hires and recruit well enough to beat him at some point.

Right now we can't compete with them on the field, on the sidelines, and we're certainly not out recruiting them.. Hard to compete when you're totally outclassed.

Calipari and Saban are both there because their predecessors had wrecked their programs. They are just great coaches. Look at Memphis's basketball after Calipari left.

There was a big drop off years after Bear Bryant retired.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back