Insiders...do the offensive players like the system?

coffeevol

regular old member
You guys with "insider info" I saw someone post they have spoken directly with 3 starters on offense and they claim the players do not like the system. Any way butch adjust in off season or do we "stay the course" and grow in our "resiliency" and continue as planned.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm definitely no insider, but I would say no. There is a reason players are leaving and we are struggling in recruiting.

Reactions: 9 people
Well, I've heard the GPA is historically high on this team. So I'm assuming they're smart and they've seen good offense before. I'm gonna go out on a limb......

I'm definitely no insider, but I would say no. There is a reason players are leaving and we are struggling in recruiting.

You are not going to recruit top level talent at WR if they are recruited to block

I dont blame them one bit. I would go to a school that will exploit my talent.

In 4 years, how many 1000 yard receivers have we had?

Reactions: 20 people
You are not going to recruit top level talent at WR if they are recruited to block

I dont blame them one bit. I would go to a school that will exploit my talent.

The system is awful, everything run east to west and our backs have to take 2-3 steps sideways to take a handoff. And when they finally do get the ball the defender is waiting for them at the line of scrimmage.

Reactions: 13 people

I dont blame them one bit. I would go to a schoqbol that will exploit my talent.

Patience Count. We have had a qb the past several years who is a much better runner than passer. I expect that to change next year.

I think they do. This system has produced the record offensive production in the history of /Tennessee football. The 684 yards is unbelievable and will be difficult to for any team to accomplish agains a quality team such as TA&M. The offense can produce with talented, healthy players and QB who can throw the ball. If Dobbs had a talented and experienced OL, and if he could throw the intermediate and long ball with accuracy, the offense could produce over 500 yards every game. We have good QBs who can lead a potent offense in the future. The question is can a competitive OL be developed. I think it can and will.

Reactions: 9 people
I think they do. This system has produced the record offensive production in the history of /Tennessee football. The 684 yards is unbelievable and will be difficult to for any team to accomplish agains a quality team such as TA&M. The offense can produce with talented, healthy players and QB who can throw the ball. If Dobbs had a talented and experienced OL, and if he could throw the intermediate and long ball with accuracy, the offense could produce over 500 yards every game. We have good QBs who can lead a potent offense in the future. The question is can a competitive OL be developed. I think it can and will.

If IFS and buts were candy and nuts........

Its a little deeper than just the system or spread read options.

For all of those that despise Kiffin he has systematically changed Bama's pro style, smash mouth, play action offense into a spread system that especially fits his current QB. The idea of the spread is dynamic if you scheme it towards what you have. He doesnt have a drop back, down the field, passing QB. He gets the ball in space to guys that can make plays. Urban Meyer is another prime example. That is why when they get handed a young inexperienced QB they can still move the ball and score.

UT has shown flashes throughout the year but its not nearly as consistent as it has to be to function at their levels.

Reactions: 7 people
I have had as many 1000 yd seasons as any of our WR's on roster. #wru ?

We don't really have a qb with an consistent or accurate arm. Dobbs is a tremendous athlete and player he just lacks in the throwing aspect of his game. We don't we play Dormady who does have a more "pro style" in lieu of Dobbs. I am not at practice and not a coach but it just seems that CBJ is not willing to mold his system to fit his players. There was nothing but the same ol' predictable offense yesterday. With all the players hurt the coaches didnt throw any wrinkles, tricks, mis-direction or anything but line up and let Bama cream us. Maybe next year we will see the passing game open up.

We don't really have a qb with an consistent or accurate arm. Dobbs is a tremendous athlete and player he just lacks in the throwing aspect of his game. We don't we play Dormady who does have a more "pro style" in lieu of Dobbs. I am not at practice and not a coach but it just seems that CBJ is not willing to mold his system to fit his players. There was nothing but the same ol' predictable offense yesterday. With all the players hurt the coaches didnt throw any wrinkles, tricks, mis-direction or anything but line up and let Bama cream us. Maybe next year we will see the passing game open up.

Just heard that Doug Matthews is going off on our offensive coaches today...anyone got a link??

Butch has shown before that he is willing to change and trade up for the right coaches. I don't expect to see Azzani and Mahoney return next year, no matter how this season plays out. I don't think he is stupid. Heck, he may even let Debord "retire" gracefully and take his system with him.

To be an oracle of the obvious: we need elite players and elite coaches who can get the players' best every snap...just like we saw yesterday from the other team.

Reactions: 3 people
so what other offense do you say we run? just curious because other teams have great success with very similar offense we run. also last week every one seemed to be very satisfied with our production

Just heard that Doug Matthews is going off on our offensive coaches today...anyone got a link??

Butch has shown before that he is willing to change and trade up for the right coaches. I don't expect to see Azzani and Mahoney return next year, no matter how this season plays out. I don't think he is stupid. Heck, he may even let Debord "retire" gracefully and take his system with him.

To be an oracle of the obvious: we need elite players and elite coaches who can get the players' best every snap...just like we saw yesterday from the other team.

The offensive system is not Debord's, it is Jones system - its always been Jones system which is why he hired Debord. And Debord is/was a pro style coordinator but he was hired to keep the status quo under Jones offense scheme. Which is finesse hot garbage.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back