Lol to the people blaming injuries

MWAVolfan

We got exposed on Saturday. A true freshman QB destroyed us utterly and completely.

On top of that we learned that two of our marquis wins (Georgia and VT) were actually not that impressive as both teams lost to terrible football teams.

I think the hype train was finally derailed and I think we learned that nother only are our coaches not SEC quality but also we haven't recruited on the scale we needed to or coached the players up as is required in this league.

Barnett was the lone bright spot in an otherwise embarrassing game where we got exposed on offense, defense, special teams, and coaching.

In my opinion as long as Hurts is their QB, we are not breaking the streak against Bama.

Reactions: 18 people
'Cuse isn't terrible. They're middle of the pack with a good coach.

If the team finishes 10-2 and in the SECCG, other teams losses don't matter.

Reactions: 7 people
You're insane if you think injuries didn't play a role in the game. It's definitely not everything but there's not much you can do when you are playing the #1 team in the country with 3rd string LBs and our 2nd string OL across the board.

Reactions: 51 people
You can't honestly think that it wouldn't have at a minimum been a more competitive game with JRM, Sutton, Kirkland and all 4 offensive lineman being in there? Not to mention the others?

Reactions: 8 people
You should stop watching the Vols now. Take up a hobby. Freak will email you when it's safe to come back.

Reactions: 49 people
So if Bama loses out in the sec then we are the worst team in the nation? And VT wins out and plays for conference title? That's basically you said OP, injuries hurt period.

Reactions: 1 person
So if Bama loses out in the sec then we are the worst team in the nation? And VT wins out and plays for conference title? That's basically you said OP, injuries hurt period.

None of that matters because none of that will ever happen in a million years, so.....

You're insane if you think injuries didn't play a role in the game. It's definitely not everything but there's not much you can do when you are playing the #1 team in the country with 3rd string LBs and our 2nd string OL across the board.

Never said injuries didn't play a role. But injuries is not the reason we lost.

Reactions: 2 people
what should I blame most: injuries, coaching, lack of talent??

Coaching first because that leads to lack of talent. Actually it also leads ton injuries if the players are not conditioned right and are always out of place on the field causing them to put themselves in awkward positions.

Reactions: 5 people
Lost to #1 team in country. Shocking. Think how good a freshman has to be to start at Alabama.

I can't decide if the posivols or negavols are more delusional.

Reactions: 1 person
None of these made a bit of difference huh? Their qb was playing on a great team against a depleted defense. The overreaction is comical. So is ignoring any possible reasons besides the ones made up in your head

1. JRM - shoulder, out for the year
2. Kirkland -- ankle, should be back hopefully in two weeks
3. Sutton - broken ankle, out 8 weeks or so. That would be second week of November. He hopes to get back to play this season. We will see if he can.
4. Weisman - concussion, should be back after the bye
5. McDowell - concussion, should be back after the bye
6. Foreman -- shoulder, should be back after the bye
8. Kendrick - ankle, should be back after the bye
9. Robertson - ankle, should be back after the bye
10. Chance Hall - leg, not sure if knee or ankle, not sure the extent
11. McKenzie -- shoulder, didn't return yesterday could miss extended time, we will see what further testing shows.
12. Vickers - ankle, should be back after the bye
13. Buchanan - shoulder, to be evaluated.
14. Evan Berry - limped off in second half, not sure the injury
15. Abernathy - hamstring, should be better in two weeks.
16. O'Brien - dismissed wont be back
17. Preston Williams - quit, wont be back
18. Jack Jones - torn ligaments in thumb. continued to play. will have or has had surgery

Reactions: 16 people
I will be taking the week off from watching the Vols.

I suggest you take the rest of your life off from watching our Vols or from posting on here.

Maybe then your family won't be so miserable from having to live in your miserable life.

May God bless and help you my friend.

VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 4 people
None of these made a bit of difference huh?

1. JRM - shoulder, out for the year
2. Kirkland -- ankle, should be back hopefully in two weeks
3. Sutton - broken ankle, out 8 weeks or so. That would be second week of November. He hopes to get back to play this season. We will see if he can.
4. Weisman - concussion, should be back after the bye
5. McDowell - concussion, should be back after the bye
6. Foreman -- shoulder, should be back after the bye
8. Kendrick - ankle, should be back after the bye
9. Robertson - ankle, should be back after the bye
10. Chance Hall - leg, not sure if knee or ankle, not sure the extent
11. McKenzie -- shoulder, didn't return yesterday could miss extended time, we will see what further testing shows.
12. Vickers - ankle, should be back after the bye
13. Buchanan - shoulder, to be evaluated.
14. Evan Berry - limped off in second half, not sure the injury
15. Abernathy - hamstring, should be better in two weeks.
16. O'Brien - dismissed wont be back
17. Preston Williams - quit, wont be back
18. Jack Jones - torn ligaments in thumb. continued to play. will have or has had surgery

You wasted a lot of typing. I never said they didn't matter. I said that's not the reason we lost.

Reactions: 4 people
Sometimes you just get your butt handed to you. Injuries or not your defense giving up 400 yards on the ground will not win any game.

We got stomped is the truth. On to the next game.

Injuries played a role in the game but they are not why we got blown out. Alabama is just a much, much better team than us and the team quit halfway through the third quarter. It was apparent.

VN Store

Back