Confused about Kamara

LibertyVolance

Nothing I have read on VN seems definitive concerning his injury status. Does his return look unlikely at this point? Sprained ligament or worse than that?

I would continue letting the injured rehab for as long as possible. Even as they dress in uniform for gameday, would you play them as long as the replacements were doing the job? Several players are getting valuable experience on the field. If we get to Atlanta, I would hope to see as many as possible get as close to 100% as possible.

Reactions: 1 person
Don't think anything has been confirmed yet. Butch has just said he's banged up and some other sites saying out 2-4 weeks. Nothing official yet

Reactions: 3 people
He wants to play in NFL. His family has told UT NOT to release ANY of his medical information.. CBJ has threatened to remove press credentials from those in the media who release medical info on players, correct or incorrect, without the players or university's permission..

Reactions: 20 people
For everyone that has criticized Butch Jones for not releasing injury status - you should know that it benefits players.

Hurd. Kamara. JRM. They don't want specifics released as to create speculation in the NFL draft process. That way they control the information. Not the media. Team doctors speak to team doctors.

As evidenced, go watch JRMs interview this pay week. He was asked about his injury and he said he'd rather not state what it was exactly.

Butch works for his players not the fans. I happen to like that. He knows who will keep him around. It's his team not us.

Reactions: 25 people
For everyone that has criticized Butch Jones for not releasing injury status - you should know that it benefits players.

Hurd. Kamara. JRM. They don't want specifics released as to create speculation in the NFL draft process. That way they control the information. Not the media. Team doctors speak to team doctors.

As evidenced, go watch JRMs interview this pay week. He was asked about his injury and he said he'd rather not state what it was exactly.

Butch works for his players not the fans. I happen to like that. He knows who will keep him around. It's his team not us.

Hes just protecting the kids

Reactions: 4 people
He wants to play in NFL. His family has told UT NOT to release ANY of his medical information.. CBJ has threatened to remove press credentials from those in the media who release medical info on players, correct or incorrect, without the players or university's permission..

This all day. These players have a lot more at stake in this than we as fans. THEIR best interests should come first, always. Spot on Butch.

Reactions: 14 people
From what I've been told, he's not coming back, and I don't blame him at all.

I agree. Don't blame any of the kids who know they're not returning next year and are recovering from injuries.

Going to miss Kamara a whole lot. What a complete disaster this year has turned in to. Hopefully we find a way to win out

If he's injured, obviously he doesn't play, but IF he is healthy enough to play, he should play..

He made it very clear that he didn't want to be ran up the middle (due to injuries he sustained last year). Jalen up the middle - Alvin to the outside. That's the way it has been for many different reasons. He would have to be 100% to even consider it, and then will he risk getting injured again? We'll see.

I don't have an issue if he wants to take his time to heal and prep for the combine. Historically, you rarely saw stars play in bowl games if they were headed to the draft.

From what I've been told, he's not coming back, and I don't blame him at all.

No one should IMO. He's done what he needed to do to improve his draft stock. Go get healthy, prepare for and do well at the combine, and wait to see who's gonna pay you and how much.

No one should IMO. He's done what he needed to do to improve his draft stock. Go get healthy, prepare for and do well at the combine, and wait to see who's gonna pay you and how much.

If he can come back and play this year and doesn't then he isn't giving his all for TN.

Reactions: 5 people
I don't have an issue if he wants to take his time to heal and prep for the combine. Historically, you rarely saw stars play in bowl games if they were headed to the draft.

This is why I seldom bet on a Sr heavy team or one with several early draft enrollees, in meaningless bowl games.. Ask those who know what several Vols, including Dale Carter told J Majors before their last bowl game as a Vol.. Well known amongst insiders..

If Kamara doesn't return and Hurd doesn't run with reckless abandon, the Vols won't make it to Atlanta

Going to miss Kamara a whole lot. What a complete disaster this year has turned in to. Hopefully we find a way to win out

Lol we're 5-2.

Our two losses are to Top 10 teams, one in 2OT on their own field.

But sure, we'll call it a complete disaster, why not?

Reactions: 14 people

VN Store

Back