18. Tennessee
19. LSU
20. Western Michigan
21. North Carolina
22. Navy
23. Colorado
24. Penn State
25. Virginia Tech

Any idea how Oklahoma and FSU's two losses are better than our two losses?

FSU drubbed by one-loss Louisville (worse than our loss to Alabama) and lost in regulation to #21 UNC

Oklahoma lost to now unranked Houston and beat down by one-loss #6 Ohio State

Reactions: 4 people
Because voters are biased. A number 3 Tennessee team losing to arkansas(a Penn state equivalent) would not be so lucky to stop at 6.

Reactions: 2 people
Time and time again, The AP Poll proves to be useless. The only poll that matters is the college football playoff poll, and it should be the only poll released

Reactions: 3 people
I think the voters are so concerned with getting the top 4 to match what they think the committee's will be, that they just guess after that.

Reactions: 1 person
There is only one team that I think if we play our best game and they play their best game we lose to. Sorry, but I'm an eternal optimist and I don't think we've played our best ball yet. Maybe the second half vs Florida.

It will be hard for us to move up with our remaining schedule. Maybe 1 or 2 spots at a time. We need too much help. We may make it to 10 or 12 in regular season.

"Just win baby". Al Davis

That's all we can do. College football is a crazy game as we saw last night in State College. We're not dead yet.

The AP Top 25 Poll | NCAA College Football

1. Alabama
2. Michigan
3. Clemson
4. Washington
5. Louisville
6. Ohio State
7. Nebraska
8. Baylor
9 Texas A&M
10. West Virginia
11. Wisconsin
12. Florida State
13. Boise State
14. Florida
15. Auburn
16. Oklahoma
17. Utah
18. Tennessee
19. LSU
20. Western Michigan
21. North Carolina
22. Navy
23. Colorado
24. Penn State
25. Virginia Tech

Any idea how Oklahoma and FSU's two losses are better than our two losses?

FSU drubbed by one-loss Louisville (worse than our loss to Alabama) and lost in regulation to #21 UNC

Oklahoma lost to now unranked Houston and beat down by one-loss #6 Ohio State

Their defense is dead rotting flesh......

The AP means pretty much nothing. Now that they have the CFP rankings, I wonder if they even try.

If we win out and are in the SECCG, the worst we can be is #11. 7 of those ahead of us play each other and several more against another. I think we wind up #8 or #7 and if we can beat Bama, they will put us at #4. The worst thing that can happen to a playoff is;

Baylor
Boise State
Washington
Nebraska

It will be hard for us to move up with our remaining schedule. Maybe 1 or 2 spots at a time. We need too much help. We may make it to 10 or 12 in regular season.

We will be top 15 the week before Atl. Not because the media likes us. They don't. They will just need us there to fit the Bama agenda.

This assumes of course we take care of our business and we win out like we should.

Time and time again, The AP Poll proves to be useless. The only poll that matters is the college football playoff poll, and it should be the only poll released

Correct. We were ranked #9 and lost to #1 Alabama and dropped 9 spots. OSU was #2 and lost to an unranked Penn State and drops to #8. AP polls are a complete joke.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back