"New" Depth Chart ..

#27VFL

I'm still optimistic that we will win the East and win out. UF will lose 1 or 2 more sec games this season. But we will be doing it with a new looking team from week 1.

Offense
QB Dobbs
RB Hurd - J KELLY
WR - Byrd, Jennings, Malone, Smith
TE WOLF
OT - Kendrick / Hall
G - jones / Robertson
C - Weisman

DEFENSE ... this is where it hurts

DE - Barnett/ Lewis
DT - TUTTLE/ VICKERS
OLB - Kirkland
ILB - Jumper/ Bituli
S - TKjr / ABERNATHY
NB- GAULDEN
CB - FOREMAN/ MOSELEY

PR- Byrd
KR - BERRY

In summary, our offensive line is better than we were week one since Weisman has taken over at center and Jack Jones has come into starting Guard position. Preston Williams leaving hurts but Byrd emergence makes that a wash in my mind. Biggest offensive let down is Kamara. This has been his break out season. Hopefully Byrd and John Kelly can step up in his place.
On Defense we are hit hardest with Our best secondary player in Sutton, best 3 LB in Maybin, Sapp, and Kirkland out, and in my opinion the best 2 DT this season is McKenzie and Obrien out for season. If we can stay healthy and get Kirkland and possibly Sutton back in next couple weeks we should win out IMO.

Go Vols

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I'm still optimistic that we will win the East and win out. UF will lose 1 or 2 more sec games this season. But we will be doing it with a new looking team from week 1.

Offense
QB Dobbs
RB Hurd - J KELLY
WR - Byrd, Jennings, Malone, Smith
TE WOLF
OT - Kendrick / Hall
G - jones / Robertson
C - Weisman

DEFENSE ... this is where it hurts

DE - Barnett/ Lewis
DT - TUTTLE/ VICKERS
ILB - Kirkland
OLB - McDowell / Jumper
S - TKjr / ABERNATHY
NB- GAULDEN
CB - FOREMAN/ MOSELEY

PR- Byrd
KR - BERRY

In summary, our offensive line is better than we were week one since Weisman has taken over at center and Jack Jones has come into starting Guard position. Preston Williams leaving hurts but Byrd emergence makes that a wash in my mind. Biggest offensive let down is Kamara. This has been his break out season. Hopefully Byrd and John Kelly can step up in his place.
On Defense we are hit hardest with Our best secondary player in Sutton, best 3 LB in Maybin, Sapp, and Kirkland out, and in my opinion the best 2 DT this season is McKenzie and Obrien out for season. If we can stay healthy and get Kirkland and possibly Sutton back in next couple weeks we should win out IMO.

Go Vols

It would be Coaching Malpractice if Jumper gets bumped for McDowell... He has been our leading tackler in the past 4 games. Only way he gets bumped is if DK Jr and JRM both come back... That's not the case. DK Jr and Jumper will both play out the rest of the season.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
Hate to break it to you, but there no chance in Haiti that Jumper gets bumped for McDowell... He has been our leading tackler in the past 4 games. Only way he gets bumped is if DK Jr and JRM both come back... That's not the case. DK Jr and Jumper will both play out the rest of the season.

According to Shoop, Bituli will also be playing 20-25 snaps against SC. I'm guessing we'll see DK and Jumper/Bituli.

Reactions: 3 people
It would be Coaching Malpractice if Jumper gets bumped for McDowell... He has been our leading tackler in the past 4 games. Only way he gets bumped is if DK Jr and JRM both come back... That's not the case. DK Jr and Jumper will both play out the rest of the season.

If DKjr is back and the staff has indicated Bituli is to get 20/25 snaps, it speaks to where Jumper really is IMO. The young man has played his heart out and will get snaps from time to time. But Jumper plays behind Bituli the rest of the season and he was playing behind McDowell from the 1st game when JRM went out.

Reactions: 1 person
OP why do you not have Vereen starting at DE... 🤔

I've noticed that we have had Lewis starting at DE in past weeks. I've wondered why Shoop prefers Lewis over Vereen also. Good news is we have both available. Also, Butcher could be a huge help at DT.

Reactions: 1 person
I've noticed that we have had Lewis starting at DE in past weeks. I've wondered why Shoop prefers Lewis over Vereen also. Good news is we have both available. Also, Butcher could be a huge help at DT.

Butcher will RS as planned unless yet another DT is lost for the remainder of the season.

Till pass rush like 3rd down. Vereen is a go getter but on run stops Lewis appears to be a little ahead is my observations.

Vereen and Barnett started against Bama. Just pulled up the 1st series on DVR. Is this the official depthchart or just what you think it will be. Because it looks a little off and as other said Shoop has said he wanted Kirkland and Jumper on the field at same time and if game allows like to play Bituli 20 to 25 snaps.

Reactions: 3 people
You only get one redshirt except for exceptional hardship cases

Butcher received a medical last year and is eligible for another redshirt season. He's needed now so it probably won't happen this year.

If we can get a win @ SC Saturday without injuries we will all feel SOOOO much better. An opportunity get reasonably healthy an hopefully establish an identify down the stretch.

VN Store

Back