What's our most impressive win so far this season?

Bigun

Can't really think of one unless you count #12 UF but then that goes against the notion of them being severely overrated.

Just haven't been that impressive this year and that was even before the injuries.

Reactions: 2 people
Whatever

Va Tech, Florida and Georgia were all good wins. Sorry things haven't been pretty enough.

Reactions: 16 people
Florida. And that VT win will look even better by the end of the year.

Reactions: 3 people
I've never understood why so called fans want to downplay any success we have. We beat Florida for the first time since 04. Why not just enjoy it and let the season play out.

Reactions: 22 people
I've never understood why so called fans want to downplay any success we have. We beat Florida for the first time since 04. Why not just enjoy it and let the season play out.

How often do we take down UF & UGA same season? Still not "purty" enough for some.

Reactions: 8 people

THIS! A MILLION TIMES THIS!

Shut up you bunch of entitled crybabies. Or just stop watching.

Reactions: 5 people

Not so much downplaying it but when we've been told all offseason how this team was a playoff contending team and we have to get a lucky fumble to beat Appy St, don't put Ohio away until late in the 4th quarter and have been behind by double digits every game (including losing by 39 to Bama who some people mindbottlingly think we will beat in a rematch) I tend to think we have been badly prepared to compete by our coaches.

Reactions: 1 person
We're also a play away from being 6-1.

We're clearly a flawed team in some respects, but we've lost too many different ways the last 10 years to get hung up on style points.

All W's are good W's. There are no moral losses.

Reactions: 7 people
Can't really think of one unless you count #12 UF but then that goes against the notion of them being severely overrated.

Just haven't been that impressive this year and that was even before the injuries.

None are impressive because you think rankings dictate how good a team is or isn't.

Florida is the most impressive win because of how talented that defense is and how fragile our O Line is.

Va Tech is number 2 because we owned them.

Don't let others tell you how to feel. Just feel man!

Reactions: 2 people
Not so much downplaying it but when we've been told all offseason how this team was a playoff contending team and we have to get a lucky fumble to beat Appy St, don't put Ohio away until late in the 4th quarter and have been behind by double digits every game (including losing by 39 to Bama who some people mindbottlingly think we will beat in a rematch) I tend to think we have been badly prepared to compete by our coaches.
the fact you think that mindbottlingly is an actual word says all that needs to be said about you and your perspective. My mind is boggled by people like yourself.. I would bet my next paycheck I know who you are voting for that is a guy who's bottled mind would be an illegal drug.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people

I support Butch, but will agree that this team looks like his worst coached team thus far. However, this does not mean that there are no "good" wins. I agree with the poster above that VTech, Georgia and Florida are all good wins.

the fact you think that mindbottlingly is an actual word says all that needs to be said about you and your perspective. My mind is boggled by people like yourself.. I would bet my next paycheck I know who you are voting for.

You beat me to it LOL :lolabove:

the fact you think that mindbottlingly is an actual word says all that needs to be said about you and your perspective. My mind is boggled by people like yourself.. I would bet my next paycheck I know who you are voting for that is a guy who's bottled mind would be an illegal drug.

I saw that, but, that had to be a joke...... didn't it?

In one thread we talk about possibly still going to the playoff. In others, we're the worst team to ever take the field because of the Alabama loss. In others, we're still gonna win the east and play Alabama again and, depending on the post, avenge our loss or get beaten as badly or worse than the first time. In others still, we're still harping on speaking by Appy State. Now we question whether or not Florida was a big win.

Bipolar? Tripolar? Quadpolar? This roller coaster is insane.

We beat Florida when everyone said it was THE game we had to win. We beat Georgia between the hedges. We beat VA Tech in the biggest spectacle of a game ever played. Florida was huge. The other two were big.

What kills me is how when we win, the other teams obviously suck? We lost to the team that is basically universally regarded as the best in the game. Yes we lost big. The wheels fell off. It's over. At the end of the day we've won the games we were supposed to, we're still in the mix, and the ride isn't over. Can't we just see how it plays out????

Sorry for the long post, but one more thing...why does it seem that if we made the playoffs and then lost the first game or the championship some on here would say, "when are we gonna finally get our signature win?" What does that even mean anyway?

Reactions: 5 people
Whatever

Va Tech, Florida and Georgia were all good wins. Sorry things haven't been pretty enough.

Beating Georgia was nothing special. There's a little evidence they are good, a lot of evidence that they are terrible.

Can't be happy we are 5-2. Got to complain about something. We could have busted Bama's @$$ and it wouldn't be enough. This type of stuff gets ridiculous.

Florida was our biggest win, they are in our division and we played as good as we have all year in the second half. Number 2 would be VT, they have played pretty well after losing to us and they only have 2 losses with one of them being us. GBO!!!!

For all of you golf fans, this season has been like watching Arnold Palmer or Phil Mickelson play in a tournament. You know they're going to spray the ball all over the course BUT you keep watching and never give up hope because each has (had...RIP AP) the ability to knock it on the green and make birdie from anywhere.

Our front loaded schedule is behind us. Let's just win the remaining 5 games and see what happens. Has it been pretty all season? No. But at the end of the day your record is your record and 10-2 isn't too shabby.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back