I Formation (rumor)

Rumors out of VolCamp that some I formation packages have been installed during the bye week.

Flame on. We marching to Atlanta

Would love it if true. Don't know if we have the offensive line to run it, though. But then again, our line has been struggling with the spread, so why not give it a shot.

Reactions: 3 people
I think Hurd will benefit from it. I also hope it's successful. I don't care if they are playing marbles, as long as we win at it!

Reactions: 2 people
Would love it if true. Don't know if we have the offensive line to run it, though. But then again, our line has been struggling with the spread, so why not give it a shot.

The "I" is what you run when your line sucks. Simple blocking schemes and ,hopefully, no more delayed handoffs.

This is what I like to hear. Hurd will do wonders in a smash mouth I Formation offense. That's what his skill set is best suited for.

Reactions: 2 people
would someone pls tell me what "the Pistol" formation is? I thought it was Bob Kesling trying to be cute. If the I works, don't run Hurd up the middle on the 1st play from scrimmage on the 1st series every time.

I don't get how the I formation uses Hurd except to block. Unless we are not really talking about the I formation.

The pistol formation only has one back. The QB is closer to the line and the back is directly behind the QB.

Who's going to be our FB then? We bringing back Greg Amsler or Shawn Bryson? I'd take that! LOL!

That was my question as well - Hurd would have to be the FB with Kelly or someone else as HB.

Maybe it is the pistol and not the I.

Or maybe all of this is smoke and mirrors.

I don't get how the I formation uses Hurd except to block. Unless we are not really talking about the I formation.

He would be the tailback...and run the ball. Most likely the offset I they used in the bowl game with a H-Back like Jakob Johnson blocking. They end up doing this and it works, I predict a few "why didn't..." threads...big IF tho. :)

He would be the tailback...and run the ball. Most likely the offset I they used in the bowl game with a H-Back like Jakob Johnson blocking. They end up doing this and it works, I predict a few "why didn't..." threads...big IF tho. :)

If they just put anyone in at FB, then defenses should pick up quickly on the fact that the other back is never getting the ball and ignore him.

To make it work the defense has to respect all three backs in the backfield as being options. If only 2 are options, might as well use something different.

Reactions: 1 person

I'm pretty sure Jakob is the only guy on the roster listed as H back. Id say it's about time to use this kid.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back