USA Today Preseason Coaches Poll 2016

My thoughts exactly. Curious to see, how they fare this year, without most of their experienced talented players, and their leaders.

I think the Lady Vols spot is about right.

Reactions: 1 person
I thought the preseason #1 would have been ND or Baylor, but Uconn is the team to beat. At least 6 teams could challenge them for a repeat, but coaching and big game experience gives Uconn the advantage.

History tells us if UConn gets to the final 4, they will be tough to beat.

Uconns non conference schedule is impressive and should be fun to watch.

Sorry breaking in a new point guard, is going to be a challenge. And all the leadership provided by the senior class.

I see them losing some games this year. They will start #1, cos of the respect coaches have for Geno and his program, but they certainly wont stay there.

For the most part, I think the poll looks about right, except I would say Stanford, Kentucky are too high. I would argue that Kentucky shouldn't even be ranked, as well as Texas A&M, after all the people they both lost.

Until someone beats UConn they deserve to be #1. Syracuse brought pretty much everyone back from a National Championship game and I believe they should be ranked a tad bit higher and so should Washington who brought back several key pieces that got them to a final 4.

Reactions: 3 people
Until someone beats UConn they deserve to be #1. Syracuse brought pretty much everyone back from a National Championship game and I believe they should be ranked a tad bit higher and so should Washington who brought back several key pieces that got them to a final 4.

Didn't thry graduate the girl who burned Tennessee with all the 3s? She will be a big loss for them.

Didn't thry graduate the girl who burned Tennessee with all the 3s? She will be a big loss for them.

Yea but they've added a few who can light it up from behind the arc also. They bring the Day sisters back as well as Peterson who's looking to raise her Draft stock higher. They also bring back Brittany Sykes as well. Don't sleep on them and what their coach can get out of them.

As preseason polls go ,that appears to be as good of guesses as any .By Mid December to late December the picture will become more focused.

UConn non conference highlights

Florida State, Baylor, Texas, Notre Dame, Maryland, Ohio State, South Carolina. Should be some good games.

Of course the conference is a different story.

Florida State, Baylor, Texas, Notre Dame, Maryland, Ohio State, South Carolina. Should be some good games.

At least we'll know what we're in for early in the season based on the results of these games. If there is hope in this world, they will lose at least 4 of those games.

ND, Baylor, Texas, and SC, should all be losses, they don't matchup well from the wing, but hey Geno is the coach.

VN Store

Back