On Fulmer and kiffin from tos

Volsfaninva917

John Brice said... (original post)
Blackburn would hire Fulmer as a athletics ambassador, fund raiser similar to UF and Spurrier. Kiffin has told folks he knows he messed up here and wishes he could have another shot.

Reactions: 19 people
I would as well. 0% chance that it happens.

I wouldn't be so sure, when Butch bails (yes i said when because i believe he will) Tennessee will be at odds to find a new coach. Against popular belief, Kiffin is a good coach and I'd say hed sign about any contract to leave Saban and be a HC again.

Reactions: 4 people
Guys, Kiffin literally left Knoxville under the cover of darkness. He is a coward, stop lying to yourselves. We do not want that back in our program. :loco:

Reactions: 54 people
John Brice said... (original post)
Blackburn would hire Fulmer as a athletics ambassador, fund raiser similar to UF and Spurrier. Kiffin has told folks he knows he messed up here and wishes he could have another shot.

I've gone back to an ex before. She said she messed up. Not worth.

I wouldn't be so sure, when Butch bails (yes i said when because i believe he will) Tennessee will be at odds to find a new coach. Against popular belief, Kiffin is a good coach and I'd say hed sign about any contract to leave Saban and be a HC again.

Butch isn't going to bail... we are not that lucky man. We are cursed.

Reactions: 3 people
Even thinking about bringing Kiffen back is like selling your soul to the devil for a few wins. I guess leaving your team high and dry 2 weeks before NSD is ok these days. When he left we were the jilted lover, even though he's a ho, you saps want him back. Yes, he can coach, but I know there's better options.

Reactions: 7 people
He ran USC into the ground, and they're just now getting out the quagmire this seson.

Do you understand the situation he walked into when he took over?

The NCAA threw the book at storied Southern California on Thursday with a two-year bowl ban, four years' probation, loss of scholarships and forfeits of an entire year's games for improper benefits to Heisman Trophy winner Reggie Bush dating to the Trojans' 2004 national championship.

The penalties include the loss of 30 football scholarships over three years and vacating 14 victories in which Bush played from December 2004 through the 2005 season.

USC punished with two-year football postseason ban

Reactions: 6 people
Do you understand the situation he walked into when he took over?

The NCAA threw the book at storied Southern California on Thursday with a two-year bowl ban, four years' probation, loss of scholarships and forfeits of an entire year's games for improper benefits to Heisman Trophy winner Reggie Bush dating to the Trojans' 2004 national championship.

The penalties include the loss of 30 football scholarships over three years and vacating 14 victories in which Bush played from December 2004 through the 2005 season.

USC punished with two-year football postseason ban
Do you understand that he coached there from 01-06 and helped create all of those sanctions?

I agree we haven't had a game day coach since he was here. Dooley was a mess and Butch is a cheerleader but it won't take a National Championship winning coach to bring us back to relevance. Tennessee has everything in place to succeed but nobody is at the wheel and nobody has been at the wheel since 2009 and his heart wasn't in it.

After Kiffin bolted in the middle of the night and Orgeron called all of our recruits and told them not to go to class, that told me what they thought about Tennessee. Pizz on Kiffin and pizz on LSU. I hope Ed has as much success at LSU as he did at Ole Sis. To hell with the whole bunch. Go vols!

Reactions: 13 people
Orgeron didn't even mention Tennessee as one of his coaching stops during his press conference Saturday. He even mentioned coaching at Cuse.

Orgeron didn't even mention Tennessee as one of his coaching stops during his press conference Saturday. He even mentioned coaching at Cuse.

It was so short and he left so quickly that he probably doesn't remember.

Kiffin displayed the worst sportsmanship of any coach I have seen in a long time. We should expect a better example as our head coach. Win at any cost isn't exactly what we should want our program to be built on. He's a pretty good OC, but Bama is successful because of Saban's leadership, not Kiffin's.

Reactions: 2 people
I always said Kiffin just made some poor career decisions... He was very young and not ready to be a head coach in the NFL when he took the Oakland job. The Tennessee Job was good for him but he jetted after one year to go to USC yes his dream job but that was a program that was under major sanctions and any coach would fail in that situation. The smartest thing Kiffin could have did is stayed at Tennessee win big and then when the USC job opened again witch it would have take it at that time.

Reactions: 2 people
Kiffin displayed the worst sportsmanship of any coach I have seen in a long time. We should expect a better example as our head coach. Win at any cost isn't exactly what we should want our program to be built on. He's a pretty good OC, but Bama is successful because of Saban's leadership, not Kiffin's.

We've seen where "sportsmanship" has gotten us. It's football. We want wins. Personally, Kiffin is a dick, but he's a good OC and can recruit with the best of them. Also, there is no one in America right now that would want to beat Saban more than him.

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back