Why is Butch being so quiet?

obxvol

Has anyone heard from him or seen him? For someone that is a "champion of talk," he sure has been quiet. Maybe there isn't much to say.

Reactions: 1 person
Actually, the best thing Butch can do right now is shut his piehole.

Especially if he's going to avoid ownership of the disappointment and deliver more Champions of Life cliches.

Reactions: 26 people
Actually my mom did see him downtown today with recruits. We're rolling with Helfrich and winning the Natty in 2017.

Reactions: 6 people

Especially if he's going to avoid ownership of the disappointment and deliver more Champions of Life cliches.

I agree, but it's surprising from a guy who thinks he can control the narrative.

Reactions: 4 people
I agree, but it's surprising from a guy who thinks he can control the narrative.

The best for anyone to do after an "oh ****" moment, is to just do the job and not talk. He's being smart.

Problem is, our fan base over analizes everything. Like this.

Reactions: 40 people
Yall need help . O no I haven't heard from butch. You know there is more to life then seeing what Butch is up to right.

Reactions: 17 people

But you both want him to continue to "run his mouth", I mean, wouldn't that make more sense?

Correct me if I'm wrong, I have been before.

Reactions: 5 people
Did any of you guys get a chance to watch the Fred White interview on Sports Animal yesterday? He really lit into Ole Butch

Reactions: 2 people
But you both want him to continue to "run his mouth", I mean, wouldn't that make more sense?

We're just wondering if his current focus is angling for jobs at other schools and not trying to appease Tennessee fans and media right now.

Suspect he's directing his energies where they'll produce some fruit.....recruiting and evaluating his program. Doubt dropping soundbites for the media and fans is high on his list of priorities nor should it be. We had a bad year for a variety of reasons. Is he the right man for the job? Don't know, but give him a chance to make changes and get the program back on track. Sometimes emotions get to fans and they want to pull the plug and toss the baby with the bathwater. No one is perfect except ol' saint nick, but to his credit, Butch has improved this program in a lot of ways. He's the coach now and in 2017. We can't change that. Let's turn the page and get our act together as fans for the sake of recruiting and the program and stop nitpicking Butch and the admin to death.

Reactions: 36 people

yeah i agree. he needs to keep quiet. He doesn't want to answer a lot of the questions the media is wanting to ask. He hates answering the tough questions, and i think he feels he doesn't have to answer them. The interview after the usc game (comments about woman leaving in middle of presser) was rookie at best. He isn't good in pressers under pressure . He needs to understand that a halfway decent coach can recruit tennessee. Its a great program, with a huge stadium, rich tradition, and is in the sec. People give Butch way too much credit for recruiting. Dooley gave up and didnt care. Fulmer was old and tired and still did ok.
Im just saying that after Saban's first full recruiting class, he won 10+ games the following year. Butch is in year 4, at some point you have to win. Yes injuries were bad, but it wasnt like we were starting 6 or 7 freshman (on D) . We were playing with guys who have been in the system for mostly 2-3-4 years. Losing to vandy and usc should have never happened.

Last edited:
Butch being silent is best for all parties involved, he has a unique way of pissing this fan base off and noe isn't the time to do that.

Has anyone heard from him or seen him? For someone that is a "champion of talk," he sure has been quiet. Maybe there isn't much to say.

If he is out recruiting, why would he waste time talking just to appease you?

Did your champion of asinine questions trophy arrive yet? Display it with pride.

Reactions: 8 people

I just want him to win.

When you're 2 - 2 against Vandy and pi$$ away the SECE and Sugar Bowl in one season, best keep the head down and start finding ways to get better.

Or resign.

Reactions: 3 people
There is nothing good to say after losing to Vanderbilt. I certainly don't want to hear 30 minutes of coach speak about the team at this point. Turing to recruiting is the correct move.

Reactions: 1 person
When you ain't got nothin worth while to say...

Shut yo damn mouff!

Hopefully he's out recruiting. But, what is he supposed to say? More cliches? He definitely won't own up to garbage that was put on the field to close the season. I agree with those that say staying quiet is his best course of action. Nothing he can say right now will satisfy most of us, me included. Best thing he can do right now is recruit. Then, after the bowl is announced he better prepare for the opponent. We all know that ample time to prepare for an opponent doesn't seem to be one of Butch's strengths(all off season for App St and a bye week for South Carolina).

yeah i agree. he needs to keep quiet. He doesn't want to answer a lot of the questions the media is wanting to ask. He hates answering the tough questions, and i think he feels he doesn't have to answer them. The interview after the usc game (comments about woman leaving in middle of presser) was rookie at best. He isn't good in pressers under pressure . He needs to understand that a halfway decent coach can recruit tennessee. Its a great program, with a huge stadium, rich tradition, and is in the sec. People give Butch way too much credit for recruiting. Dooley gave up and didnt care. Fulmer was old and tired and still did ok.
Im just saying that after Saban's first full recruiting class, he won 10+ games the following year. Butch is in year 4, at some point you have to win. Yes injuries were bad, but it wasnt like we were starting 6 or 7 freshman (on D) . We were playing with guys who have been in the system for mostly 2-3-4 years. Losing to vandy and usc should have never happened.

Saban took over a program one yr removed from a 10 win season (and possible NC if Shula hadn't had Prothro in the game up 38-3), not a program coming off 3 straight losing seasons and majority of "talent" declaring for NFL

Y'all never disappoint.
What coaches not in a Conf Championship game is talking to the media right now? Here's a hint... NONE!
They quit hold weekly pressers and go on the recruiting trail. No different than any other coach and no different than he's done each year.
The ignorance is strong with this group.

Reactions: 11 people

VN Store

Back