Sad reality

Orangeslice13

RockyTop is back, Let’s Go!!
The fans want championships. We are starved for it per Herbstreet.

The University of Tennessee would "like" to win championships but it's not a priority.

Look at the last hire. We went the cheap route. And gave a huge buyout to get the "cheap" guy so he'd take the job.

I really hope that CBJ can turn this around and win (which I doubt seriously) because I have zero confidence in my university to hire his replacement.
And here's more good news.
I think the standard for the fans is "win the east" next year. I think the standard for the university is less than that.

Someone convince me that I'm wrong.

Reactions: 17 people
Who cares about winning the east only to be thrashed by the Crimson Turd. Until Saban retires, the head coach of UT is inconsequential.

Reactions: 11 people
I think the standard for the university is fill the stadium and sell merchandise. Championships help with that but aren't necessary for it.

Reactions: 8 people
I think paying a million bucks for Shoop is some evidence that Butch and the university want to win

Reactions: 6 people
You are not helping.

You think you are......

But you're not

I thought this was a moan -n- groan, woe is UT thread.

Seriously though, our top potential season is 11-2 no matter who coaches. Be great compared to what we have. But let's stop deluding ourselves that we can win any championship with Saban in the conference.

Reactions: 1 person
Who cares about winning the east only to be thrashed by the Crimson Turd. Until Saban retires, the head coach of UT is inconsequential.

You and the 6 people that like your post has a loser mentality :bad:

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
I think you're right. I think the buyout was moronic. We did not have to offer that to get a Butch caliber coach.

The sad thing is that if you shell out 8 million bucks for a top notch coach it will pay off several fold. The fact that the academics that run the show at UTK do not care about that or cannot be bothered to think about it is extremely short-sighted on their part and shows that they are out of touch with alumni and the state of Tennessee.

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah it's sad reality when the fans expect more than the adminstration does. They just want your money and sell you false hope.. Gullible, loyal fans keep filling their pockets and we keep winding up with used car salesman coaches. Fanbase is loyal to a fault and they keep taking it to the bank..

Reactions: 2 people
I know. Pitiful that UT has to wait for that dude to retire.

A top flight coach could challenge Saban. He is not invincible. Might not own him but could get some licks in and win championships in the years Bama is slightly weaker.

Reactions: 2 people
A top flight coach could challenge Saban. He is not invincible. Might not own him but could get some licks in and win championships in the years Bama is slightly weaker.

A top flight coach might. But look at UA's record with Saban. Puncher's chance at best.

I think you're right. I think the buyout was moronic. We did not have to offer that to get a Butch caliber coach.

The sad thing is that if you shell out 8 million bucks for a top notch coach it will pay off several fold. The fact that the academics that run the show at UTK do not care about that or cannot be bothered to think about it is extremely short-sighted on their part and shows that they are out of touch with alumni and the state of Tennessee.

I think when Strong said no thanks, panic set in. They didn't want a repeat of Dooley (having to take the 10 choice) and they were not going high dollar so the buyout was a number they could play with that didn't cost anything

At that time

VN Store

Back