Vols end season unranked

JohnD13

Grudiot Hater
No surprise really. Was shocked we were ranked in playoff rankings last week

Where are you seeing this ? Link ? How can they lose 22nd spot without playing and only conference championship games being played ?

Only fitting... it started shaky needing a fumble recovery in OT against Appy St. I can't say I am completely disappointed because I went to VT, UF and UGA games and thoroughly enjoyed.

After returning 18 starters from a year ago.. Bad losses killed this year. Can't say I couldn't see it coming though. This team was sloppy , turnovers prone and boy the Shoop hire looks like a waste of money right now. Injuries hurt also but it doesn't excuse everything else.

Reactions: 4 people
:cray: There was so much excitement for this team until SC & Vandy.

We should never lose to those two teams. Those two teams are door mats.

Reactions: 1 person
Actually, the CFP hasn't come out yet ...you must be referring to the AP they weren't ranked in it last week

And if they screw up the AD hire, which is very likely, it'll be another decade or two before we reach relevance again.

It's actually worse than that KB, we will be asking the new AD to do something UT has never done....hire a big time proven winner of a coach. Majors won a natty but was he the hottest name on the market that year? He played here so it wasn't like we had to do a lot of convincing. Fulmer was an internal hire, Kiffin was a disaster with the the Raiders when we hired him, Dooley and Butch were unproven rolls of the dice that haven't panned out. Will the new AD just do a rinse and repeat? Sure hope not.

Reactions: 2 people
Any team that loses to Vandy and USCe in the same year, is not a top 25 team. I don't care who else is on our schedule, or if we beat them or not.

Reactions: 3 people
The final rankings haven't been released, the AP is irrelevant at this point. The CFP ranking are all that counts at this point.

Reactions: 1 person
The final rankings haven't been released, the AP is irrelevant at this point. The CFP ranking are all that counts at this point.

AP writers shouldnt even get to vote for any HOF players -- AP is the biggest joke in sports

VN Store

Back