Husker Online MCB Preview

Vols should win by a TD. Tommy Armstrong Jr is terrible. I don't think he completed over 45% of his passes the second half of the season.

Vols should win by a TD. Tommy Armstrong Jr is terrible. I don't think he completed over 45% of his passes the second half of the season.

Shurmur wasn't all that great last half of the season either.

Reactions: 6 people
Should be a helluva game. I guess the opponent makes up for the prestige, or lack there of, for the bowl game. Would love to see our guys come out and play hard versus a name school like Nebraska.

Kyle Shurmur had completed 27% of all attempts past 15 yards prior to him playing Tennessee. Went 6-7 against our secondary. Nothing is off the table.

We're toast.
Annndd...., we are now officially jinxed!
Armstrong will be a world beater; putting up record yards and they're receivers will be wide open all night, making impossible plays and catches. All in the second half after putting up 450yards rushing in the first half. :crazy:

Reactions: 2 people

We made Shurmur look like Tom Brady Armstrong will look like the second coming of cam Newton against us

Mobile QB and they run anyway. I don't like that matchup. They'll run at will. We were favorites over Vandy and SC too. They probably gave the Vols 3 points because it's basically a home game. So that means they think we're about a point and a half better than them. Pretty much a toss up. I'd give them the edge if they're a decent running team..

Reactions: 3 people
Looking at the ESPN team stats / SOS / efficiency ratings and what not, UT is the better team on paper. Which, as we have learned anytime UT is involved, is worthless information.

I can't trust the UT defense against any FBS opponent right now. And after watching Vandy's defense adjust and all but shut the UT offense out in the 2nd half, I can't trust our offense either.

Add in what may be pending changes on the staff, and there are just too many red flags for me to believe UT wins this game. They might. They might show up pi**ed off and tear Nebraska a new one. Or they might be a repeat of the debacles we saw against USCe and Vandy. I wouldn't get anywhere near this one with my wallet.

That being said, I'll watch and hope that UT finally plays the complete game we've been waiting all year to see against a quality opponent.

Go Vols.

Reactions: 3 people
Looking at the ESPN team stats / SOS / efficiency ratings and what not, UT is the better team on paper. Which, as we have learned anytime UT is involved, is worthless information.

I can't trust the UT defense against any FBS opponent right now. And after watching Vandy's defense adjust and all but shut the UT offense out in the 2nd half, I can't trust our offense either.

Add in what may be pending changes on the staff, and there are just too many red flags for me to believe UT wins this game. They might. They might show up pi**ed off and tear Nebraska a new one. Or they might be a repeat of the debacles we saw against USCe and Vandy. I wouldn't get anywhere near this one with my wallet.

That being said, I'll watch and hope that UT finally plays the complete game we've been waiting all year to see against a quality opponent.

Go Vols.

Solid post right there. Couldn't have said it better myself.

If his 45% completion record is because he couldn't hit his receivers, then that's all and good. If it was because the receivers were well covered, that's a different story.

Reactions: 1 person
Toss up. We'll score our points but we can't seem to stop anyone either. I think we win a close one with a ton of points scored by both teams.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back