Trying to get some verification: is Butch really donating his bowl money?

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
To Gatlinburg?

It's a popular rumor going around Facebook. Seeing if anyone has heard this.

I've seen nothing about him actually pledging to do it. What I've seen on twitter is people being incredulous that he's getting a 100k bonus for this season that's culminated in the MCB and saying that he SHOULD donate the unearned money to a good cause.

Reactions: 1 person
It was started on Twitter by someone who doesn't like Butch Jones named the Coonskin Cap. He's probably just trying to screwball Jones into doing it or make him look bad when he denies it. I don't think this is real. I can find no original quote.

Reactions: 3 people
That would be awesome.

Be the same as someone who makes 100k donating $2,400. Nice gesture to be sure, but they still have 98% of their money. And it would actually hurt more for the guy making 100 grand....Jones would still have 4.1 million in his pocket.

Wow. Yet another thread of negativity so people can use anything to crap on Butch Jones. This is getting old. Butch is damned if he does and damned if he dont with some fans.

Reactions: 24 people
Maybe not the right time to ask this but who exactly is the relief assistance going to? When I think of Gatlinburg I think of lots of vacation homes and rentals and businesses that hire mostly seasonal workers. It seems like a small group of people own most of Sevier county and I assume they are generally pretty well off and probably have plenty of insurance. Maybe I'm just not familiar enough with the area to understand the situation on the ground.

Reactions: 4 people
Be the same as someone who makes 100k donating $2,400. Nice gesture to be sure, but they still have 98% of their money. And it would actually hurt more for the guy making 100 grand....Jones would still have 4.1 million in his pocket.

If someone who made 100k donated $2,400 that would be unbelievably generous as well. What is your point? Some people will try to find a negative spin for everything

Reactions: 13 people
It's pretty sorry for someone to make this up in an effort to pressure him to do it or look bad. I sure hope everyone calling for him to do it are donating the same percent of their salary.

Reactions: 8 people
If someone who made 100k donated $2,400 that would be unbelievably generous as well. What is your point? Some people will try to find a negative spin for everything

Just talking percentages dude. Relax. I said it would be a nice gesture and said it would actually be more generous for the guy making 100k as well. Go take a warm bath.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back