UT opens as 4.5 favorite vs Nebraska

Glad we're favored, I think. Nebraska has the 85th ranked total offense, so that's good. Still gonna have to outscore em. Hope Dobbs, Kamara and Malone go ham.

Reactions: 3 people
Glad we're favored, I think. Nebraska has the 85th ranked total offense, so that's good. Still gonna have to outscore em. Hope Dobbs, Kamara and Malone go ham.

I think we outscore them. Their defense is nowhere near Vandys. Nebraska is going to score and will put up a ton of yards. In the end, I think Tenessee gets the W. it will be ugly though.

Reactions: 1 person

Pretty sure vandys offense was terrible before last Saturday. They will score over 30

Reactions: 2 people
They must expect TN to have a bunch return from missing games with injuries. I don't think anybody returns that will plug the gaping hole in the middle of the Shoop-fense though.

Shoop is the best coach on our damn team! He will get this thing turned around, but it might be next fall before we see it

Reactions: 3 people
What are y'all talking about? Vols held the Dores to under 700 yards.......UK and Missouri both went well over that amount. That's improvement.

Reactions: 4 people
Pretty sure vandys offense was terrible before last Saturday. They will score over 30

Oh, there's no doubt about that. They'll set season highs in several offensive categories. But since they're ranked 85th, I think we can hold em enough in check for Dobbs and company to outscore them. In other words, they score 35-40, we score 40-45. Would appear their defense is much better than ours though, so it could be more of a challenge than we think.

Shoop is the best coach on our damn team! He will get this thing turned around, but it might be next fall before we see it

Damn, you really don't think much of this staff. Saying Shoop is the best coach on this staff is like saying he's the smartest kid in summerschool. I thought Shoop was a great hire this offseason....right now he looks like the worst DC in the conference.

Reactions: 4 people
Damn, you really don't think much of this staff. Saying Shoop is the best coach on this staff is like saying he's the smartest kid in summerschool. I thought Shoop was a great hire this offseason....right now he looks like the worst DC in the conference.

Shoop didn't all of a sudden forget how to coach defense. His defenses at Penn State and Vandy were pretty good.

However:
1 - Penn State sure didn't miss him this year
2 - The defense got worse as it got healthier later in the year.

Shoop didn't all of a sudden forget how to coach defense. His defenses at Penn State and Vandy were pretty good.

However:

U cant play defense without real defensive tackles, linebackers and corners to work with...

Reactions: 8 people

Should be easy to turn around. Got everyone coming back from this nasty defense, except Maybin, Sutton, Barnett, O'brien, Bynum, Foreman, Latroy Lewis, and Vereen. No problem at all.

However:

He was great at both stops before he got here. But every single facet of our defense was worse this year with him in charge. It's bizarre and defies logic, yet it happened, and he was the only change. Gotta hope it was an anomaly and that next year is better, but he reached Sunserian levels of incompetence this year. Difficult to be confident about 2017.

U cant play defense without real defensive tackles, linebackers and corners to work with...

I understand the injuries, but as I said the defense actually got worse later in the year after Kirkland and Sutton came back from injuries. We lost McKenzie, Tuttle, Reeves-Maybin, Kirkland, Sutton, et al early in the season during that winning streak. As we got a few of them back, the rush defense fell off a cliff.

Any team lining up with 4 DE's, average inexperienced 3rd string LB's, and DB's that can't turn their heads to look for the ball is in for a long long day every week.

Reactions: 5 people
With all of Butch's faults, at least he has shown the last 2 years he can have our guys ready for bowl games

Some of you might live in a bubble, so just an FYI: there are teams worse than us. Hard to believe, I know. Nebraska - despite their success pre-2000, is arguably one of them.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back