Basilio blog today

Volsfaninva917

The Tony Basilio Show

I've heard DeBord is either going to retire or take a job in Football Operations and Mark Helfrich is coming in to be OC. I've heard Willie Martinez is out and Bob Shoop will be the one to name his replacement. I've also heard a strength and conditioning coach could be coming in from the NFL ranks. Now, like I said, do not take that as the gospel because this is a fluid situation and I can't confirm these moves. I will say, I didn't hear this from just some Joe Blow off of the street.

No idea if any of this is true just found it interesting

Reactions: 43 people
The Tony Basilio Show

I've heard DeBord is either going to retire or take a job in Football Operations and Mark Helfrich is coming in to be OC. I've heard Willie Martinez is out and Bob Shoop will be the one to name his replacement. I've also heard a strength and conditioning coach could be coming in from the NFL ranks. Now, like I said, do not take that as the gospel because this is a fluid situation and I can't confirm these moves. I will say, I didn't hear this from just some Joe Blow off of the street.

Good to hear. I'm in favor of ALL of these moves!

Reactions: 14 people
Joe Blow is Basillo's cocaine dealer.

keep-calm-and-say-hello-to-my-little-friend-99.jpg

Reactions: 9 people
The Tony Basilio Show

Hopeful but pretty skeptical...hits on all the major coaching changes that have been mentioned here.

Reactions: 2 people
Replacing deBord will be easy. Unless Lame Duck Lyle is willing to relinquish offensive autonomy it won't matter.

The Tony Basilio Show

I think if you throw enough crap on the wall, eventually some of it will stick. Basilio is a freaking joke and about the worst at providing reliable information from what I can piece together.

Reactions: 7 people
My main questions regarding Helfrich are:

Which offense will he run, Butch's or his own?

Will he be bring in some of his own coaches with him?

If Butch lets him run his own offense and bring some of his guys with him then I applaud Butch for trying to do whatever it takes to win.

Otherwise, we could be looking at another Tony Franklin/Tommy Tuberville scenario. Franklin came into Auburn alone without support from the current offensive staff and wasn't allowed to run his full offense .

Reactions: 4 people
Has this guy ever been right about anything?

I don't know about how right he is when it comes to insider information, but I do tend to agree with Basilio's opinions. He feels a little more objective, although I really just started paying attention to him this season.

Reactions: 1 person
I think if you throw enough crap on the wall, eventually some of it will stick. Basilio is a freaking joke and about the worst at providing reliable information from what I can piece together.

Hes worlds better than state run media such as doc, jeff and heather

Reactions: 2 people
The Tony Basilio Show

So it looks like Basilio reads through the threads on VolNation. Well done sir!

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back