Credit to Butch

CA_Vol

I have been extremely hard on Butch following the USCe & Vandy losses. I thought this was the beginning of the end of his tenure here, mainly because I assumed recruiting would take a serious step back.

To his credit, Butch pulled in a huge 5* OT in Trey Smith. He is a game changing type player. I think he could start at LT next year & push Richmond to RT. Suddenly we have 2 tackles that can anchor an offense.

I'm impressed Butch pulled this off & hope he proves me wrong. Well done. Now let's develop this talent!

Reactions: 26 people
I have been extremely hard on Butch following the USCe & Vandy losses. I thought this was the beginning of the end of his tenure here, mainly because I assumed recruiting would take a serious step back.

To his credit, Butch pulled in a huge 5* OT in Trey Smith. He is a game changing type player. I think he could start at LT next year & push Richmond to RT. Suddenly we have 2 tackles that can anchor an offense.

I'm impressed Butch pulled this off & hope he proves me wrong. Well done. Now let's develop this talent!

Smith will be a great piece for the new coach in 2018.

Reactions: 19 people

if you think this is a confessional you've come to the wrong place...:biggrin:

GO VOLS...BEAT HUSKERS!

Reactions: 6 people
Recruiting fixes a lot of woes, but they have to be developed. Can't afford for this guy to need 3 years to make an impact

Reactions: 5 people
Good job.

Let's stop acting like it is difficult to recruit to Tennessee though.

Majors, Fulmer, Kiffin, and Jones all did it.

Tennessee is not a hard sell.

Reactions: 23 people
Good job.

Dooley recruited some good receivers. Hunter, Da RIck & Patterson.... No doudt.....

Reactions: 1 person
Good job.

It isn't the hardest sell, but it isn't the easiest either within the SEC.

I think it's easier to recruit at Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, LSU, and probably Texas A&M.

Reactions: 17 people

Whoa. Did you just call Lyle Butch??

It is a great place to sell to a kid.

Facilities, tradition, location, etc.

Our tradition to these kids is nothing but mediocrity. Remember they are 17 years old. Facilities and location are on par with, not superior to, other SEC schools.

This kid is an impressive get given Butch's underwhelming performance. Stop downplaying it.

Reactions: 11 people
Good job.

Wait. For the past week and a half I have seen we need a new coach that can recruit. Now hes knocking down 5* and the narrative switched to "Tennessee is not a hard sell?" Gotcha.

Reactions: 16 people
Our tradition to these kids is nothing but mediocrity. Remember they are 17 years old. Facilities and location are on par with, not superior to, other SEC schools.

This kid is an impressive get given Butch's underwhelming performance. Stop downplaying it.

You're right, these kids are unaware of Reggie white and Peyton manning.

He is in an in state kid, it should be expected from the coaches, not gushed over.

It's an impressive get. There are just many coaches who could have done it.

Wait. For the past week and a half I have seen we need a new coach that can recruit. Now hes knocking down 5* and the narrative switched to "Tennessee is not a hard sell?" Gotcha.

He has one in state 5 star and that is knocking down?

History says UT is not a hard sell. Look at the history of NFL drafts.

VN Store

Back