4* Shanon Reid FL OLB commits to UT

glad we got him, he's quick and deceptively strong in his highlight (not that I'm a scout, just liked what I saw)

He'll be a first year contributor on ST and could emerge later next year

Reactions: 5 people
This simply can't be true. A 5 and 4 star in consecutive days? But the thread above this one says UT is trending down.

ka------BOOM

Another good get VOLS

Reactions: 25 people
BUT BUT BUT.....Its a disaster here!!!!! if I read that one more time today, I'm gonna blow them up.

Go VOLS!!! you picked the right school

Reactions: 8 people
What service gave him his 4th star?

Originally Posted by :
Linebacker Shanon Reid (Fort Myers, Fla./Dunbar) verbally committed to Tennessee on Wednesday.

"It's a wonderful opportunity education wise," Reid said. "They have great resources at Tennessee and have my major, sports management."

Reid, who held 30 verbal offers, said he chose the Volunteers over Iowa State, which finished second.
He will enroll early at Tennessee in January.

"The position is set up well for me because they only have one other guy at that spot, and he's out for the spring, so I have a great chance at early playing time," Reid said. "Tennessee has a great climate and the atmosphere is beautiful. I'll be with some players I know like Tyler Byrd."

As a senior, Reid (6-1+, 210) racked up 117 tackles, 15 tackles for loss and two sacks.

As a junior, Reid racked up 95 tackles, eight tackles for loss, two sacks and four interceptions.

"Tennessee is getting a first team freshman All-American," Reid said. "I'm going to help them win championships in my first year. We are going show people that Alabama isn't the only place that sends people to the NFL."

The three-star recruit is ranked as the nation's No. 38 outside linebacker and the No. 81 prospect in Florida in the 2017 class by 247SportsComposite.

However, he's regarded as a four-star prospect by 247Sports, higher than anyone else in the industry.
He's ranked as the nation's No. 16 outside linebacker and the No. 31 prospect in Florida in the 2017 class by 247Sports.

Sounds like he loved Knoxville and the campus.

Reactions: 20 people
"Tennessee is getting a first team freshman All-American," Reid said. "I'm going to help them win championships in my first year. We are going show people that Alabama isn't the only place that sends people to the NFL."

Is this a real quote?

Reactions: 5 people

Is this a real quote?

You need your bifocals?

Reactions: 3 people
This simply can't be true. A 5 and 4 star in consecutive days? But the thread above this one says UT is trending down.

ka------BOOM

Another good get VOLS

I don't see 4 star. I see low low 3 star. What's the deal?

Is this a real quote?

If so - I like it. And it goes along with what Trey Smith said - something to the effect of ... why go hang another banner when you can be part of building a new one.

There is a different attitude on a team when they are building towards something that is not currently built - the hunger is deeper, the desire is stronger - and for some that is more motivation then being part of something established where all one has to do is "fit in place" after whomever there is gone.

Reactions: 1 person
The star gazers are out. May I remind you JRM & Cam were 3 stars. We just got a position of need out of FLORIDA! These two commitments in the last 24hrs tells me the players & recruits still believe in Jones.

Reactions: 9 people

VN Store

Back