Colin Cowherd: UT should give Gruden $10 Million

I'll say this for Cowherd, he really believes in Tennessee. Listed us as a top 10 job and believes we can pay a coach $10M a year.

Reactions: 3 people
Not that I would not want it, but I will become a Gator before that happens! :blink::blink:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Paying a coach of Gruden's quality $10 million per year is more "realistic" than people think. However, the Gruden train passed by a long time ago. He's been out of coaching for 8 years and has one of the cushiest jobs in American sports.

Would you rather make $5 million working part-time in a low-stress job talking about football all day or $10 million in a high-stress job where you work 24/7/365 and your every decision is micro-analyzed? Even if he could make a slight bit more money coaching, Gruden basically has the "dream job" right now, and he'd be wise to never leave it.

Reactions: 20 people
Paying a coach of Gruden's quality $10 million per year is more "realistic" than people think. However, the Gruden train passed by a long time ago. He's been out of coaching for 8 years and has one of the cushiest jobs in American sports.

Would you rather make $5 million working part-time in a low-stress job talking about football all day or $10 million in a high-stress job where you work 24/7/365 and your every decision is micro-analyzed? Even if he could make a slight bit more money coaching, Gruden basically has the "dream job" right now, and he'd be wise to never leave it.

I get what you are saying but I'd rather make the $10M

Reactions: 1 person
If and this is a HUGE if....Tennessee did something like this, it would require like a $90M buyout and be a 10-year contract. If he decided to leave early then he owes us $5M for every year he was at Tennessee

Reactions: 2 people

You hire great recruiters and take the occassional visit here and there to a high profile recruit

He's just trolling UT fans and getting other clicks with Gruden's name. Wish this fantasy would just go away

Reactions: 9 people
I get what you are saying but I'd rather make the $10M
YEAH...that like makes him super rich...like that's twice as much...right?

6357521535426317331769627792_giphy8.gif

Reactions: 4 people
I don't know if Gruden would be the right guy from the perspective previously mentioned (the cushy job in the booth, currently making 5 million and doesn't have to worry about the wins/losses, etc.), but I agree with the sentiment.

OPEN THE WALLET.

Saban was the best investment Alabama ever made. They could pay him three times what they're paying him and it would have still been a great investment.

Reactions: 3 people
Not even Nick Saban is worth 10 MILLION A YEAR. That's freaking insane to give a chunk load of money to a Coach who doesn't have any college experience.

Do it. Don't think twice. Will be the best decision UT has made in two decades. Unbelievable excitement. Winner.

I'm curious why people are so sure of this.

I get the excitement part. But he hasn't coached in college since 1991 and hasn't been in coaching period since 2008. Can he recruit?

Know I'm going to be in the minority on this one, but I think his NFL tenure is mildly overrated. What he did in Oakland (taking a mediocre-to-bad team into the playoffs) is actually more impressive than what he did in Tampa. He won a Super Bowl there in his first year with a historically good defense someone else assembled, then was completely mediocre after that for several years. Didn't win a single playoff game after that SB.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back