When Don't We All Wakeup and Face Reality

teacherdean

There are fans who are saying how great Holly will be when she has a new crop of five stars. What in your mind support that type of thinking? Look at all the teams without five stars that are playing circles around us, MSU, Ole Miss, North Carolina State, Oregon State, Kansas, and among the group are 4 5 star players. We have five and one was the 2013 Gatorade player of the year. Throwing more stars at this team is not going to improve the coaching staff. Players are standing around, not blocking out, not being aggressive because they are not being coached to do those things. It is a very poor excuse to blame it on the players by saying, "They know it is a short bench so they can do what they want." Holly is not the only team with a short bench. It is pure garbage to blame the players and let Holly off the hook. We are not bottom feeders yet, but we are headed in that direction. Either Holly needs to resign, be fired or make changes to her coaching staff. You can't roll the ball out and expect a bunch of 5 stars to take you to championships, you have to coach and develop.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 people
There are fans who are saying how great Holly will be when she has a new crop of five stars. What in your mind support that type of thinking? Look at all the teams without five stars that are playing circles around us, MSU, Ole Miss, North Carolina State, Oregon State, Kansas, and among the group are 4 5 star players. We have five and one was the 2013 Gatorade player of the year. Throwing more stars at this team is not going to improve the coaching staff. Players are standing around, not blocking out, not being aggressive because they are not being coached to do those things. It is a very poor excuse to blame it on the players by saying, "They know it is a short bench so they can do what they want." Holly is not the only team with a short bench. It is pure garbage to blame the players and let Holly off the hook. We are not bottom feeders yet, but we are headed in that direction. Either Holly needs to resign, be fired or make changes to her coaching staff. You can't roll the ball out and expect a bunch of 5 stars to take you to championships, you have to coach and develop.

I agree. Many teams only play around 7 to 8. The excuses and blame will continue to be placed on the players, instead of who should be taking responsibility. If the rumor that came out today saying that Phillip Fulmer is the leading candidate for the AD job is true, then Holly will be there for as long as she wants.

Reactions: 2 people
I agree. Many teams only play around 7 to 8. The excuses and blame will continue to be placed on the players, instead of who should be taking responsibility. If the rumor that came out today saying that Phillip Fulmer is the leading candidate for the AD job is true, then Holly will be there for as long as she wants.

Man I hope that is false.:crazy:

Reactions: 3 people
I think most of us agree with what you are saying but knowing that she will be the coach the rest of this year and probably next just trying to make the best of a bad situation. My goal this year is to make the NCAA tourney if we get there my goals for the team will be met. Next year looks like a team that could lose five games or less talent wise but we know that Holly will be coaching so it is wait and see. If she can't win with what she will have next year meaning five losses or less hopefully she will be replaced although I feel it should have already happened.

Reactions: 1 person
UCONN has ruined the competitive landscape of women's college basketball. Their success has dulled the excitement levels when everyone other than UCONN is playing for 2nd.

That horse is long dead, the flesh has rotted away and there is nothing left but bleached bones. Pro-holly or kick her to the curb, it would seem like enough is enough already. :censored:

I watched the NC State vs. Duke game the other day and really like the way his kids play. They probably have no more than 2 players in the lower half of the top 100 coming out of high school.

I look at Washington with one superstar and roles players behind her. Washington only plays 7 players.

Our situation is not 100% the coaching staffs fault, but a large percentage of the fault is coaching.

Wow, teacherdean, bang on! As wonderful a person as Holly is, she is not the person to lead the LVs back to the forefront of where they once were..... i am also tired of hearing how much of this problem is the players fault..... Everything that is going south is directly tied to the coach because it is HER responsibility to change things if they are wrong, and moreso, only she has the power to change things....

If too many turnovers, then that needs to be worked on.... if you are missing too many bunnies, then work on that to exhaustion in practice.... it can be done!!! Holly keeps saying how incredibly hard they work on things in practice.... I would love to see what they are working on...

This team needs leadership..... and not someone who will, I am sure, say in the post game presser tonight.... "We had too many turnovers".... "We quick shot the ball" ... "We only played one good quarter" and "They wanted it more than we did".... or my favorites..... "If i knew what was wrong then i would fix it".... and "We will learn from this"....

Good analysis TD.... hope for the best, but not expecting much.

She just has one habit I can't adjust to. After a loss many times she says " I don't know whats wrong". If she doesn't know whats wrong how can she fix it? Very concerning. Go buy management 101 for Dummies and read please!

O-M-G how many times are you guys going to find a different way to say the SAME thing!!!!

I wonder what all the initiators of these Holly must go now threads, think the "end game" really is.

We know the LVs are struggling this season and were subpar much of last season.

We know that the coach is ultimately responsible.

We also know that Holly is coming of an elite 8 appearance and has just signed a #1 recruiting class.

The UTAD is not going to fire CPS's hand pick successor and a women coach with 70% win percentage and her tournament, particularly in light of the various hostile climate for women allegations that have been haunting UT athletics.

Holly is under pressure and she has 2 more season to deliver a more competitive program or she will be gone.

But, let's she wins an SEC title in the next two years and makes it to the elite 8 again; would that be enough? Odds are yes, though I know that prospect will not sit well with many on this board.

In truth, you can't hold Holly to the Pat Summitt standard because CPS was voted freakin' basketball coach of the 20th century. Pat Summitt and her accomplishments don't come along every day.

WE ALL AGREE THAT HOLLY AND STAFF NEEDS TO DO BETTER. There is a divide as to whether nor not Holly CAN do better.

But if she doesn't, in due time, a coaching change will happen.

In the interim, very little gets accomplished with more and more threads essentially saying "we need to fire Holly, now, right now, immediately no time to waste, do your hear me! Fire her now!"

Relax folks screaming at the internet ain't going to make a difference.

Go LVs. I hope shock the basketball with an upset over ND. You have the capacity to make that happen.

Reactions: 4 people
That horse is long dead, the flesh has rotted away and there is nothing left but bleached bones. Pro-holly or kick her to the curb, it would seem like enough is enough already. :censored:

I am not saying necessarily fire her, but she needs to at least consider changing her coaching staff. This staff really could use a bigs coach. Guy Lewis was not the best men's coach but he surrounded himself with good coaching personnel.

UCONN has ruined the competitive landscape of women's college basketball. Their success has dulled the excitement levels when everyone other than UCONN is playing for 2nd.

Yeah. It was only exciting game when we were winning the championship every year. :crazy:

Reactions: 3 people
Threads like these are why I rarely post anymore. The horse is dead, and I LOVE horses. A majority of VN want Warlick gone. Got it, thread number 5001. Btw if she lands DeCosta and Ododa along with Massengill and Collins, people will probably still want her fired.

Reactions: 10 people
Threads like these are why I rarely post anymore. The horse is dead, and I LOVE horses. A majority of VN want Warlick gone. Got it, thread number 5001. Btw if she lands DeCosta and Ododa along with Massengill and Collins, people will probably still want her fired.

Not if she coaches them up, at least as I see it.

As soon as this thread dies out they will begin another FAAR HOLLY thread; believing their words on this board are really going to get Holly fired.

The louder their criticism of Holly has become, the better recruiting results.

Keep up the good work!

Reactions: 5 people
I watched the NC State vs. Duke game the other day and really like the way his kids play. They probably have no more than 2 players in the lower half of the top 100 coming out of high school.

I look at Washington with one superstar and roles players behind her. Washington only plays 7 players.

Our situation is not 100% the coaching staffs fault, but a large percentage of the fault is coaching.

Wes Moore would be great here. Too bad he was right down the road at UTC and was never considered after Pat had to retire. He's already beaten Florida State, Duke, and ND this year with less talent. He also beat UT while he was at UTC.

Right after UT "ruined" it...but admit was more fun then.

I am not saying necessarily fire her, but she needs to at least consider changing her coaching staff. This staff really could use a bigs coach. Guy Lewis was not the best men's coach but he surrounded himself with good coaching personnel.

Respectfully, I do not know what changing the coaching staff will do.... I think the issue is with the coaching staff, but the HC in general.... she has had 30 plus years in coaching, one year as acting HC, and now 5 yrs as the actual HC.... and to think things will change? Some posters have pointed to the recruiting class next year and suggest things will change.... if she cannot do it, though, with #1, #3, and #6, how is she going to fare differently with #2, #9, and #12?

VN Store

Back