Strongly encouraged

JPL

with what Butch and company have accomplished since the vandy loss. Recruiting took a step forward with Trey Smith, has now stabilized and the bowl game was won convincingly against a quality opponent. However, what I am most impressed with is the quality of young men Butch is recruiting. When you read up on commits like Cheyenne L., Trey S., Ty C., Ryan T., Kivon B., Maleik G., Seth W., Riley L., Deandre J., Solon P. it is obvious Butch really does have a recruiting profile he follows. While no one is perfect, the commits I’ve been able to read up on seem like high character, high quality young men that will give their all for TN, represent the university and their families with class and win championships, both life and football. Players like Josh D. and Derek B.

It looks to me like Butch is growing, making the difficult changes when necessary and he is rebuilding TN football. Three straight bowl wins and back to back 9 win seasons. We are moving in the right direction!

And, let’s not forget Butch and company ended the streak:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYWZ358yiD4

GO VOLS!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 60 people
"what I am most impressed with is the quality of young men Butch is recruiting."

Hmmmmm, could CBJ be following in the steps of CPF?? Great recruiter. Average field General?

Reactions: 2 people
Yep. I am officially excited about Team 121. The interviews with the young recruits show thoughtful, determined young men who are excited about being Vols and representing the university.

Reactions: 7 people
"what I am most impressed with is the quality of young men Butch is recruiting."

Hmmmmm, could CBJ be following in the steps of CPF?? Great recruiter. Average field General?

i worry about his on field coaching. so far it hasn't been great. the problem is, he's not going change because of his ego. we'll know this year how he does because he's not going to have the offensive talent as he did last year and he's going to have to make some critical in game decisions.

It's funny how easily the actual on field choke jobs are forgotten. Butch blew the SEC east and then was handed the sugar bowl and blew that too.

Butch will get the hype train rolling and then the same thing or worse will happen next season.

Prepare to be "encouraged" by the mid level bowl results again next season.

Reactions: 23 people
It's funny how easily the actual on field choke jobs are forgotten. Butch blew the SEC east and then was handed the sugar bowl and blew that too.

Butch will get the hype train rolling and then the same thing or worse will happen next season.

yep, ga and the gators will get better. it seems the last 2-3 years we had great shots of winning the SEC east but in game decisions lost it for us.

Reactions: 3 people

Getting killed on the recruiting trail

I remember back in 2013, the excuses for Butch was "he didn't have enough talent. We recruited too many 3 stars under Dooley"

2017 Class is at 27 commits right now

5*- 1
4*- 4
3*- 22

81% of your class is made up of 3* players

Reactions: 24 people

I remember back in 2013, the excuses for Butch was "he didn't have enough talent. We recruited too many 3 stars under Dooley"

5*- 1
4*- 4
3*- 22

I guess it's a good thing only about 10% of the roster is on the field at the same time, lol.

Really, would you feel like the players were better if they got a bump from 3* to 4*? Does that increased star rating mean they are instantly better?

If so, you should feel better about several of our players. We had a player rise over 600 spots in the rankings a couple days ago. It's hard to imagine how much better he must've gotten after a bump like that.

He's not the only one who got better after the recent re-rankings either.

Reactions: 7 people

5*- 1
4*- 4
3*- 22

At least they have high character

Blue font

5*- 1
4*- 4
3*- 22

How many of those had offers from Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Clemson, Ohio State, etc.? Star Ratings by fanboy magazines and websites aren't the most important factor.

Reactions: 4 people

Get back with us when Jones plays in even A SECCG, wins 75% of his games, wins SEC titles, wins a national title and gets inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame. Until he does any of that, he's not in Fulmer's stratosphere as a Tennessee head football coach.

Reactions: 12 people
Get back with us when Jones plays in even A SECCG, wins 75% of his games, wins SEC titles, wins a national title and gets inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame. Until he does any of that, he's not in Fulmer's stratosphere as a Tennessee head football coach.

Butch has won 79% of his last 19 games. So by your criteria he's in Fulmer's stratosphere.

Butch has won 79% of his last 19 games. So by your criteria he's in Fulmer's stratosphere.
he's undefeated in his last game. what of it? picking some random # out and displaying it's win % doesn't really mean anything.

why not extrapolate that out to encompass the past 2 full seasons? why exclude those other 7 games? maybe because he lost 4 of them? hmmmmm.....:whistling:

Reactions: 10 people
How many of those had offers from Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Clemson, Ohio State, etc.? Star Ratings by fanboy magazines and websites aren't the most important factor.

Latest commit didn't have any......NC State, Ole Miss, Rutgers, Virginia, Vandy, Yale, Air Force, Bucknell, Cincinnati and Old Dominion.

Offers like these are more the norm for the vast majority of our current commits. In most cases, we're not battling and certainly not beating out the top programs you listed this cycle.

Reactions: 4 people
Good Lord

You're going to drown in that sand

What's better? A 3 star that graduates on time and contributes to a team's success or a 4 star that's off of the team before his junior year? What's better, a highly skilled 3 star that just needs to bulk up or a 4 star that thinks his **** don't stink that's already at his maximum potential?

he's undefeated in his last game. what of it? picking some random # out and displaying it's win % doesn't really mean anything.

why not extrapolate that out to encompass the past 2 full seasons? why exclude those other 7 games? maybe because he lost 4 of them? hmmmmm.....:whistling:

The most recent games aren't a random #.

5*- 1
4*- 4
3*- 22

I would feel better about this if there was some evidence that the staff could develop talent but that doesn't appear to be the case.

VN Store

Back