David Blackburn on EA Show @ 10

snapcracklepop

I heard Jimmy announce this yesterday. I'm very interested to hear, and thought you all may wanna tune in. It'll be on the podcast later I'm sure.

Key Comments:

He gave credit to those before him at utc for success.

Structure defines function. People must be held accountable with care and passion. People bought in and they all dug in and workd hard.

Ainge asks why UT guy is needed at UTK.
DB responds, Every school has an identity. UT is one of those like just like bama. UT wants someone that understands what came before them. It brings cohesion. It can be back to a national power in a lot of things. We don't just want to be competent. We want to be excellent. UT can be a National Power at not just 2 or 3 sports but many sports. If u do this job with those who love the place it helps a lot.

Have you talk to Fulmer?

Yes we have talked a lot. I was with him a week ago but we haven't talked much. I think highly of cpf. We worked together there for so long. Very thankful for time with cpf.

It's very important to be successful at sports. We want sports to be a great ambassador for the school. Sports get marketed the most. We must collaborative not against each other..

I don't hide from the word winning. How do you act and behave is winning. Players are competing in classroom too.

EA asks how bad do you want the UT AD job...
DB responds: I want to first say how grateful I am for UT. I lived on lake Loudon Blvd for 26 years. If asked to interview, I would love to. It would mean the world to me. But I want everyone to know how great UTC has been to me.

Reactions: 14 people
I didn't hear the first part, but I heard about what you'd expect. He'd love to be interviewed, he's appreciative of UT-C, he wants to excel in all sports, he appreciates Fulmer... but stuttering and stammering quite a bit more than I expected. He has Foghorn Leghorn's voice and delivery.

i think he is trying to get fan support for his AD campaign and that's why he is doing this interview

But idk how UT admin are going to feel about a play like this.

i think he is trying to get fan support for his AD campaign and that's why he is doing this interview

But idk how UT admin are going to feel about a play like this.

Probably speaks their language. They can relate to such tactics.

Reactions: 1 person
Have you talk to Fulmer?

Yes we have talked a lot. I was with him a week ago but we haven't talked much. I think highly of cpf. We worked together there for so long. Very thankful for time with cpf.
QUOTE]

Please tell me he didn't actually say this.

Have you talk to Fulmer?

QUOTE]

Sure he did. He said they spoke several times back in the fall and most recently about a week ago. I don't see why that's a problem.

Have you talk to Fulmer?

QUOTE]

I'm assuming he means about their applying for the job when he says "not much". Nothing strange

Last edited:
Sure he did. He said they spoke several times back in the fall and most recently about a week ago. I don't see why that's a problem.

I think he means just because he said "we've talked a lot" and "we haven't talked that much", in the same paragraph.

Like I said, I just assumed he meant that much about this subject.

I think he means just because he said "we've talked a lot" and "we haven't talked that much", in the same paragraph.

Like I said, I just assumed he meant that much about this subject.

If those were his exact words, I'm pretty sure that he mean't that they haven't talked that much lately.

:rock:I like Phil Fulmer for AD except for one thing, I do not believe he has the guts to force Coach Harley Warlick to resign or fire her out right. Fulmer should be asked that question point black in the process of his consideration.

:)
After listening to him I think he'd make a good AD, but I'd still rather have Fulmer.

Reactions: 2 people
:rock:I like Phil Fulmer for AD except for one thing, I do not believe he has the guts to force Coach Harley Warlick to resign or fire her out right. Fulmer should be asked that question point black in the process of his consideration.

:)

I thought the same thing! Holly is not getting it done. She gets out coached in every single close game & the players are not responding to her at all! We need to get a good coach in here before she completely ruins the program!

VN Store

Back