'18 AR QB Gerry Bohanon

Four-star junior quarterback Gerry Bohanon of Earle (Ark.) High School posted on his Twitter account Tuesday morning that he received a scholarship offer from Tennessee.

"Blessed to have received my 9th offer from The University of Tennessee," he tweeted.

The 6-foot-4, 215-pound Bohanon also holds offers from Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Georgia, Memphis, Ole Miss, Mississippi State and Arkansas State.

- 247 (Callahan)

Reactions: 2 people
Not too long ago, the term "dual threat" was new to recruiting and football in general. I wish that term were modified further. Typically a QB is either more of a runner or a passer but can do both competitively. To tweak that term further, I wish there were numbers or a 1-10 scale which would indicate "mobility/passer accuracy". So a QB with a 9/4 number would be a better fit for some systems than a QB with a 4/9 and so on. Just a thought....

Reactions: 1 person
He's a heck of an athlete. His nickname is baby Cam. Wants to play QB in college so the schools that promise him a shot at it have an advantage IMO.

Last edited:
4_5079418.jpg

Not too long ago, the term "dual threat" was new to recruiting and football in general. I wish that term were modified further. Typically a QB is either more of a runner or a passer but can do both competitively. To tweak that term further, I wish there were numbers or a 1-10 scale which would indicate "mobility/passer accuracy". So a QB with a 9/4 number would be a better fit for some systems than a QB with a 4/9 and so on. Just a thought....

I like that idea

Reactions: 1 person
Thanks for posting 31VFL. You are one cool guy. God Bless you & take care buddy. Thanks for all you do for the forums. :good!:

This kid is definitely an SEC type athlete, but not a QB IMO. If this kid is insisting to play QB then pass. Juan Jennings was a better high school QB. JMO

OMG two sets of stars. The gazers will never be happy.

from watching tape I had 2 big observations. 1 he is really bad at Catching terrible snaps. 2. would be happy if he signed as a QB but happier if he was signed as a WR/TE

Not a bad idea. Especially after Josh Dobbs was rated a pro style QB.

“It’s been crazy,” said Bohanon, who’s ranked the nation’s No. 243 overall prospect and No. 10 dual-threat quarterback in the 247Sports Composite for the 2018 class. “It’s been very shocking because they all came in a short period of time instead of being spread out.”

The 6-foot-4, 215-pound Bohanon, whose school is located less than 30 miles west of Memphis, Tenn., said he was “excited” to get an offer from Tennessee on Tuesday during a phone conversation with Vols coach Butch Jones after first talking with new quarterbacks coach Mike Canales on Monday night.

“I was excited because I know that’s somewhere I could possibly end up playing. I was very excited,” Bohanon said. “I’m going to definitely go down there soon.”

“(Jones) was just telling me about how much they love my film and how much they trust that I’d fit there,” said Bohanon, who claims to have been timed at 4.50 seconds in the 40-yard dash. “(They like) my arm and that I’m athletic. I’m not just a pocket passer. I can actually run.”

“I’ve been watching (Dobbs) play, but this year I hope to get down and watch (a Tennessee game) in person. I’ve been watching Joshua Dobbs for a minute, because he’s been there,” Bohanon said. “We wear the same, exact number, and we actually play alike. You could relate my highlights to his.”

With his list of offers still growing, Bohanon said he has yet to identify any favorites.

“Actually, all of them are high,” he said. “I haven’t narrowed it down or made any comparisons yet. I’m just really trying to get a feel for all of the coaches and to get down to all the campuses and see how I feel there. I don’t want to just go and be a part of the team. I want to go and help the people win a national title,” he said. “I want to come in as a true freshman and play.”

- 247 (Callahan)

Miss State, Ole Miss, Auburn, and LSU are all recruiting him. He has visited Miss State, and he is supposed to visit the others in the coming weeks.

Bohanan has visited both Mississippi State and Ole Miss this spring, and he’ll trip to Knoxville next weekend for a practice. He’s maintained constant contact with Vols quarterbacks coach Mike Canales since receiving a UT offer in February. “I’m considering (Tennessee) hard. Coach Canales, he’s cool,” Bohanon said. “Talking to him (a lot). I’m planning to visit next weekend. I’ll be there.”

“We’re just trying to build a relationship more than just football with each other, that way we have a connection when I’m there or in the case I end up going there, so we already be ahead and know a lot about each other,” Bohanon explained.

“We’re trying to get to know each other more and more over time. We talk about football plays, but we’re really just trying to make sure we have that good, strong relationship (first).”

“Somewhere that’s like home, that I can trust the coaches and have a good relationship with them on and off the field,” he said. “Someone that I can look up to and learn a lot of football from. Someone that can teach me how be successful off the field. A coach that wins and can give me the opportunity to play and compete for a spot.”

Bohanon plans to trim his list in late summer and then make a decision either just before his senior season or sometime well before National Signing Day.

-VQ

VN Store

Back