Kevin Beard for WR coach?

deep ties into Florida can't be a bad thing

Also did you read the article? It tells you everything about him

Yes I read the article wise guy. But does it say anywhere in there how productive his receivers were? Whether he's a good recruiter? Well known and respected within the NCAA community? Does he have baggage?

But hey, thanks for the solid, well thought out response

Reactions: 26 people
Read the article and he has strong South Florida connections which is a bonus. Don't know how good of a coach but looks ok on the surface. I'll hang up and listen.

And that's where Beard comes in. He has strong South Florida ties from previous coaching positions, similar to current running backs coach Tim Harris. Between the duo, Miami should regain a decent foothold south of Interstate 4.

While touting the 2016 class like it's a finished product would be foolish, the 'Canes have currently assembled the country's No. 1 haul almost exclusively from South Florida. Beard is a critical part of keeping the committed players in the fold and drawing a few more prospects into it.

Sam Bruce, Miami's top-rated recruit at No. 35 overall, is also Beard's former player at U-School. According to Christy Cabrera Chirinos of the South Florida Sun Sentinel, Bruce is looking forward to eventually rejoining his former coach.

I'm excited, not just for him, but also for me to know I'm going to be coached by him again. He's not just a coach, he's more than a coach. He's a mentor and I can go to him with any of my problems. He'll give me his advice and talk to me about the things he's been through. He's an all-around great guy.

Miami Football: Key Goals for New Hurricanes Wide Receivers Coach Kevin Beard | Bleacher Report

Reactions: 4 people
And that's where Beard comes in. He has strong South Florida ties from previous coaching positions, similar to current running backs coach Tim Harris. Between the duo, Miami should regain a decent foothold south of Interstate 4.

While touting the 2016 class like it's a finished product would be foolish, the 'Canes have currently assembled the country's No. 1 haul almost exclusively from South Florida. Beard is a critical part of keeping the committed players in the fold and drawing a few more prospects into it.

Sam Bruce, Miami's top-rated recruit at No. 35 overall, is also Beard's former player at U-School. According to Christy Cabrera Chirinos of the South Florida Sun Sentinel, Bruce is looking forward to eventually rejoining his former coach.

I'm excited, not just for him, but also for me to know I'm going to be coached by him again. He's not just a coach, he's more than a coach. He's a mentor and I can go to him with any of my problems. He'll give me his advice and talk to me about the things he's been through. He's an all-around great guy.

Miami Football: Key Goals for New Hurricanes Wide Receivers Coach Kevin Beard | Bleacher Report

Good stuff, thanks

No problem. I usually have time to scan the threads but on days when I don't, I hate having to ask a question here.
People just assume that everyone has the same amount of free time in a day.

Yes, agreed. I'm usually able to look at VN between class or at the end of the day when I'm about to fall asleep. Use to be a regular but my time is spent mainly in the books these days

When Kevin Beard was hired as the Hurricanes new receivers coach back in February, his hope was that he'd make an impact on his players both on and off the field. And through training camp, that's been the case with several current Hurricanes raving about the work he's done with them in practice and his willingness to listen to their concerns after workouts.

But it's not just current Hurricanes that been impressed with Beard's efforts in his first six months on the job. Some of Miami's recruits – including two that play at South Florida powerhouse St. Thomas Aquinas – say they've seen already seen some differences in the way Hurricanes receivers are playing from watching the scrimmages and practices that have been closed to the general public and the media.

"I really believe that was the thing that was missing from Miami, the receiving corps," said St. Thomas receiver Sam Bruce, who has verbally committed to the Hurricanes. "The receivers weren't making the plays they should be or putting up the points they should [have been] as a group. But KB is the man. He's like a scientist, a mad receiver scientist. He's definitely getting those guys ready. They'll definitely be prepared for that first game."

UM receivers coach Kevin Beard making impact on recruits - Sun Sentinel

Reactions: 6 people
Yes, agreed. I'm usually able to look at VN between class or at the end of the day when I'm about to fall asleep. Use to be a regular but my time is spent mainly in the books these days

Sounds like you have quite the schedule.
Never mind to answer a question if I know. Of course when you're a well-respected doctor, I fully expect the discount :)

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back