CFN says returning talent good enough for preseason 14 ranking

Too high. We have way too many question marks and Butch hasn't proven to be a great coach. 22-25 would be my guess and that may be too generous.

Reactions: 1 person
We have a good nucleus to build around and the Vols will be better than expected. Mostly excited about the QB comp and the potential of early contributors. Leaning more toward JG cuz he's a dual threat, whoever wins has to play lights out or it's gonna be an average season.

Reactions: 3 people
Isn't this a given? Top 14 in the SEC, correct?

In seriousness, find a QB that can manage the game and need the defense to do a 180 from last year and it could be a good year. So far, everything I've seen has UT 3rd or 4th in the East. 9-4 is doable.

UT can win the East if the coaching from the HC down improves. Should be an 8 win team with mediocre coaching.

How can a publication like CFN mention how we gave up all these yards running the ball and not mention how we also had 260 lb DE's playing DT because of all the injuries? Not to mention all the other injuries at DB and LB. Sounds like someone read about the pre-season expectations then saw the final results and decided to write a stupid article..

Reactions: 14 people
How can a publication like CFN mention how we gave up all these yards running the ball and not mention how we also had 260 lb DE's playing DT because of all the injuries? Not to mention all the other injuries at DB and LB. Sounds like someone read about the pre-season expectations then saw the final results and decided to write a stupid article..

Agree and it was year one of Shoop. Although he didn't change our scheme he didn't have "his" defensive position coaches buying in.

I have high hopes for offense and defense

Reactions: 2 people
"Joshua Dobbs, RB Alvin Kamara and top receiver Josh Malone early to the NFL won’t hurt the offense all that much"

Straight ignorant trash.

Reactions: 6 people
"Joshua Dobbs, RB Alvin Kamara and top receiver Josh Malone early to the NFL won’t hurt the offense all that much"

Straight ignorant trash.

I am convinced after reading this article and the Bleacher Report article noting Preston Williams still on the team, that I am in the wrong profession. :crazy:

:clapping:Negas. You're certainly posing as happy campers this time of year...uniformly decrying mediocrity for team 121...and it's all due to an over-hyped team 120. In my 66 years of processing oxygen, I've never known of such a devastating injury pandemic as the one that befell this group of young men. I'm hoping you'll all be eating crow this time next year, instead of congratulating one-another for being "realistic" and "logical;" while acting like superior monkeys as we normally optimistic fans keep allegedly "pumping sunshine." Due to this train-wreck of tragedies which led to an uninspiring 9 win season; one which coulda-woulda-shoulda at least concluded with an SEC east championship, you're feeling really proud of yourselves for your self-proclaimed prophetic prowess regarding a sport which many of you don't even seem to understand. I'll enjoy it when you monkeys stuff down that black-bird dessert. Of note: I'm curious as to how many of you wind up backtracking similar to D4H. This team with a notably upgraded coaching staff will exceed expectations...imho. AMIRIGHT?:yes:

Reactions: 14 people
How is top 15 a stretch? This team includes members from both top five recruiting classes, and the depth of all those that played last season. Yes we lost contributors, but why don't those replacing them get a shot? I don't see us replacing a once in a generation talent like Barnett, but every other skill position loss can be replaced.

Have a little faith fellas.

Preseason top 15 seems right. I think we finish the season 20-25.

How is top 15 a stretch? This team includes members from both top five recruiting classes, and the depth of all those that played last season. Yes we lost contributors, but why don't those replacing them get a shot? I don't see us replacing a once in a generation talent like Barnett, but every other skill position loss can be replaced.

Have a little faith fellas.

Preseason top 15 seems right. I think we finish the season 20-25.

Did you just ask why some say top 15 is "a stretch" while concluding we'll be a top 20-25 team? Didn't you just answer your own question?

Did you just ask why some say top 15 is "a stretch" while concluding we'll be a top 20-25 team? Didn't you just answer your own question?

I think the media has learned from their mistake. There will be no hype train this year, but maybe that's a good thing. Low expectations may help the team play loose. Really don't see us ranked any higher than #20 to start the season though

9 of the 11 starters from the opening game was on the field at the end of the year, Fla had more injuries than Tn yet you don't hear them using it as an excuse at every turn.

VN Store

Back