John Brice twitter

secking

John Brice‏ @JohnDBrice1

Strongly hear per folks in Carolinas, others ex-Heisman winner Chris Weinke, interviewed w/ Vols, will join Saban's 'Bama staff @colecubelic
9:32 AM · Mar 1, 2017

Why didn't Tn hire him as an analyst?

Reactions: 2 people
Good question, thought the same thing. We interviewed but didn't hire a guy that he best coach in college football is now adding to his staff. Did we turn Weinke away so we could hire Mike Canales? Sure looks like it.

Reactions: 1 person
If your Winke and your going to work in an QC role do you pick Saben or Jones? No brainer

No knock on Butch
Canales has the better resume for QB coach.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
The only oBviouS answer is that CAnalas is beTTer Than Weinke. WhaT is Weinke's experience in coaching? I really don'T know a loT abouT him.

Hired as IMG pipeline coordinator

Could've gotten a 2-fer.....

1. IMG pipeline coordinator
2. Well thought of qb coach with NFL experience.

Instead we got......Utah State's running backs coach.

And again, we passed on a guy that Nick Saban saw fit to bring aboard, no matter the capacity.

Reactions: 5 people
Could've gotten a 2-fer.....

1. IMG pipeline coordinator
2. Well thought of qb coach with NFL experience.

Yeah it's just that Canales still seems like a big unknown to me. Could be great or turn out to be a disaster. Only time can tell

If your Winke and your going to work in an QC role do you pick Saben or Jones? No brainer

No knock on Butch
Canales has the better resume for QB coach.

By whose standards? I'd argue the opposite.

Reactions: 6 people
John Brice‏ @JohnDBrice1

Strongly hear per folks in Carolinas, others ex-Heisman winner Chris Weinke, interviewed w/ Vols, will join Saban's 'Bama staff @colecubelic
9:32 AM · Mar 1, 2017

Why didn't Tn hire him as an analyst?

Probably didn't want to drive all over the south drinking diet pepsi and meeting players and coaches.

Philip Rivers at NCST I believe?

Could be wrong

As has been pointed out, Canales coached Rivers his soph and jr seasons.....and Rivers was better his freshman and senior seasons, when someone else was his qb coach. Otherwise, there's bupkis for Canales iirc.

Yeah it's just that Canales still seems like a big unknown to me. Could be great or turn out to be a disaster. Only time can tell

Unknown in terms of his future at Tennessee, yes. But his previous 20+ year resume makes him very well known....not much to hang his hat on.

Wienke wasn't retained by Rams for a reason. What has he ever done in coaching? Coaching wise, he's very inexperienced.

Jones hired two NFL assistants yesterday, both with better coaching resumes than Wienke and this board goes bat**** crazy cause Saban hired him.

Reactions: 9 people
Wienke wasn't retained by Rams for a reason. What has he ever done in coaching? Coaching wise, he's very inexperienced.

Jones hired two NFL assistants yesterday, both with better coaching resumes than Wienke and this board goes bat**** crazy cause Saban hired him.

Um, yeah. The whole staff was fired, that normally happens when the HC is fired.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back